PDA

View Full Version : flying in Asia

jim02
26th May 2004, 21:07
..i'm about to start a pilot training, knowing what the current market is right now. Because i'm 29 years old already, it's still a big gamble. With the european license there should be a lot of oppertunities around here, but nowadays it is pretty tough..
Because i'm a real Asia lover and i certainly could live over there, i'm very curious about the chances of upcoming pilots with a minimum of flying hours after finishing their training? Is there any difference concerning the asian license in comparing with the american and european license.
Remarkable, but i do not hear much about that..

I'm very curious if anyone has any more information about this, or maybe any experiences. Please, let me know something. Thanks,
jim

hifive11
27th May 2004, 07:09
I had heard that AirAsia, a Malaysian low cost carrier, was accepting low houred guys and not necessarily type rated. I applied some weeks ago but so far have heard nothing, and have to admit am not holding my breath.

Royal Brunei were/are desperate for flight deck crew but you have to be type rated and reasonably high houred. They do however run their own cadet scheme for nationals so they obviously use low houred pilots and I am not sure that there are enough coming through training. You never know, they may start taking other nationality low houred guys but I would think you would have to pay for your type rating. I also think they may be looking at other Asian countries for a cheaper source of pilots. Have a look at the Far Eastern thread there is quite a bit on Royal Brunei and the company's modus operandi.

I believe that both airlines accept JAA licences.

If you find anything let me know because I will be next in line after you - Far East - crazy but great place.

:ok:

hi5

cal_ley
5th Jun 2004, 17:07
Yes,AirAsia is looking for many new pilot with reasonable flying hours.Malaysia DCA is adopting UKCAA standard.
some of thr new pilot is going for the conversion from JAA,FAA,CASA...etc in malaysia soon.
AirAsia website www.airasia.com

Regards,
karl
AirAsia cadet pilot