PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshires Airline?

Chillwinston
26th May 2004, 12:14
Had an early lunch and just caught the "amusing" TV advertisment for Flybe quoting themselves as "Yorkshires Airline!"

Surely this would Jet2 if any airline?

Cant understand how the ASA has allowed this to be aired, even seats offered by Flybe from the Yorkshire area is less than Jet2.

Any thoughts?

(Not Knocking Flybe, just their advertised pitch)

HOODED
27th May 2004, 10:42
Given FlyBE pulled their base out of LBA they've got a cheek really. Their BHD/LBA route is flown from BHD these days. Meanwhile Jet2 have 7 based 737s at LBA. Hmmmn I know who I'd call Yorkshires airline.

Eh Hello?
27th May 2004, 12:54
Especially when Jet2 now operate one of their 737's with "YORKSHIRE" billboard-style along the fuselage....

JB007
28th May 2004, 16:31
Didn't this "Yorkshire" B733 do a VERY low level fly by at LBA for the press recently??

Would like to see some pics if anyone knows where I could find them???

EGAC_Ramper
28th May 2004, 16:52
I wouldnt be surprised at FlyBe,over here at EGAC(Belfast City) where yes the LBA is based they have an advertising hoarding saying

"FlyBe Northern Irelands Original Low Cost Airline!!"

Far from it I believe but then they are in the game to sell seats.

Regards

jmc757
28th May 2004, 18:20
Sounds familiar!

Round here FlyBe are "The Midlands Original Low Fares Airline".

Just localised advertising, rather than a national campaign.

ILS32
28th May 2004, 19:15
Jet2 is the only airline that can be classed as being Yorkshires own.Capital Airlines was the first true Yorkshires own but alas the parent company went bust.

JB007 log onto www.lbia .co.uk for picture of Jet2 Yorkshire.Its in the news section.I believe its registered G-Celb.

ILS32

WHBM
28th May 2004, 19:32
Given the low level of service they provide out of Yorkshire (one route out of LBA, nothing out of MME) I am surprised that Flybe even consider TV advertising in the Yorkshire area. Can't be cost effective.

Unless they are getting ready to announce something out of Finningley ... ?

Guern
28th May 2004, 19:33
That's funny cause they keep telling us they are a Guernsey airline!!!

Andy_S
28th May 2004, 20:15
"Given the low level of service they provide out of Yorkshire (one route out of LBA, nothing out of MME)........."

Ermmm.... MME is in County Durham:=

JobsaGoodun
28th May 2004, 22:08
I think that what Flybe is trying to do is to indicate that it is the low cost airline for the UK regions. Personally I think this is accurate as Flybe has bases in numerous places not served by the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet.

Indeed before these two airlines existed Jersey European was considered as the 'lower cost' option to the likes of BA. As mentioned so many times before the 'european regionals' were the original 'low cost airlines.

Flybe is simply doing this as to provoke a reaction. It appears to have worked as required.

Op checked Satis
10th Jun 2004, 20:30
JEA were never a low cost option to Belfast from LBA.
Before the low cost boom it was cheaper to fly to Dublin with
Ryanair & hire a car.

whatunion
11th Jun 2004, 13:34
fly be are probaly just waiting for jet2 to go belly up. Jet 2 must be the only max ground time budget airline around

GoEDI
11th Jun 2004, 15:03
Flybe also advertise themselves as "Scotland's low cost airline" :ok:

MerchantVenturer
11th Jun 2004, 20:40
Being Exeter-based if anything Flybe is 'Devon's airline' or at least the south west's airline, with a growing presence at both Exeter and Bristol.

The airline seems to think it is all things for all people. If this makes it a successful airline then why not?

trainer too 2
12th Jun 2004, 12:58
What union shpould you name not be What planet am I from :sad: fly be are probaly just waiting for jet2 to go belly up. Jet 2 must be the only max ground time budget airline around

-Aircraft are bought extremly cheap
-Overhead is paid for by Channex in BOh
-Flying mainly on the high yield shoulders of the day
-High crew utilisation due to night flying and adhoc and regular charters

This is one of the smartest players in the market. Remember it has all to do with working smarter not harder!!:ok: Remember good old Air Europe, they flew like nobody else since them, day flights for business and night charter and in the end nobody was happy because they where always late! Jet2 wins price after price for there service and that combined with low prices make people coming back time after time! :8

:ok:

Chillwinston
14th Jun 2004, 11:47
MerchantVenturer

You miss several points to my original thread :-

1. Who says they are? Number of flights per region? Number of pax per region?

2. They cant be every regions favourite or they'd be next calling themselves " B.A. " , eveyones favourite airline, NOT!

False advertising if you ask me but still not as criminal as a pass back from Gerrard!

MerchantVenturer
14th Jun 2004, 12:43
Chillwinston

I shall have to use the smilies as it was meant to be tongue in cheek.

On a slightly more serious note it is good to see Flybe starting to operate more services from the airport at which the company is headquartered (horrible word, sorry). From comments in PPRuNe and elsewhere that I have seen, EXT seems to have had an excellent start on its new routes with Flybe.

BTW I thought that BA was a misnomer anyway - it should be English Airways shouldn't it? (quickly reaches for smiley :eek: )

As for Gerrard he should be charged jointly with Beckham (missed pen), Cole and Heskey (conspiring to show how not to defend at a vital moment).