PDA

View Full Version : Condor goes Low Cost

Buster the Bear
26th May 2004, 10:29
FRANKFURT (AFX) - German-based tour operator Thomas Cook is re-launching its charter airline, Condor, as a budget carrier to increase its competitiveness with other low-cost airlines.

Condor is now offering long-haul flights to the US, Caribbean, Africa and Asia, from as little as 99 eur, as well as short- and medium-haul flights from 29 eur, Thomas Cook said.

"With these offers, which are targeted at individual travellers (rather than package-tour groups), the new Condor becomes more attractive in terms of competition with low-cost carriers," Thomas Cook said.

Thomas Cook is owned 50-50 by Deutsche Lufthansa AG and KarstadtQuelle AG.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
26th May 2004, 11:51
But surely Lufthansa have got Germanwings as their short haul low cost airline .... or am I missing something here?:zzz:

Buster the Bear
26th May 2004, 18:06
Next it will be Whipsnade, the low cost zoo! I will be replaced by pink stuffed bears, come to think of it, there are quite a number dotted around my place that have arrived recently!
http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

uy707
28th May 2004, 15:26
OK, German Wings operates on "traditional" markets and other business/industrial centers surch as Paris from CGN and DUS.
On the short and meddium-haul network, DE will keep going to its own traditionnal ports of calls such as PMI/AGP/CFU/PMO and a host of other locations not served by GermanWings.
Alain