PDA

View Full Version : Remember you are the customer

partialpass5
25th May 2004, 23:48
I was a student at a very well known IR school in the UK and the standard of care from most of the staff was very good. However the new senior instructor is unbelievable he has publicly put down students and has no social skills. Many students have now refused to fly with him, which he blames on them not accepting how bad they are.

My advice if you are doing professional training and paying large amounts do not let yourself get stuck with an idiot remember you are the customer and you should get the service you pay for and you should be treated with some respect.

mazzy1026
26th May 2004, 08:22
Couldn't agree more - I have a friend who has a t**t for an instructor and it is making his life hell !

rodquiman
26th May 2004, 08:58
I agree with you. If the flight instructor is an idiot the student must change it. But this happened to me and to other 12 students in my class. Three of the four FI our class had were treating us like sh*t. We went to talk to their boss and the only answer we received was that he had flown with them and he knew they were good FI so we had no chance. We couldnīt change them and had to finish the remaining 30 hours of the course with them.:mad: :mad:

If this happen to someone, just keep on working. The only thing you have is you so just go to the plane and give all your best, the 110% no matter what the idiot does or says.

Tee
26th May 2004, 16:55
The majority of instructors are good but, yes, there are some out there who are on a bit of a power trip.

You are the customer, so ask for what you want.

If harsh words and constant put downs erode your confidence, change instructor. On the other hand, some students are spurred on by that kind of negativity - makes them determined to prove the b*****d wrong!

Some personanities will never gel, so if it's not working out, change it - too much is at stake.

I changed schools midway and I know several others who did the same.