PDA

View Full Version : boeing 757 simulator

toro01
25th May 2004, 16:54
Hi guys
I have a simulator assessment some time in the future. I would like to know where can I get 757 simulator hours in the uk. Thanks

GARDENER
25th May 2004, 18:38
I did my MCC on 757 down at Cranebank BA flight training centre. Might be worth asking @ www.jetlinx.co.uk what the possibilities are of sorting out an hour or two.

Fuel Crossfeed
29th May 2004, 15:35
Boeing Flight Safety
Orion Business Park
Cheadle
Manchester

Dont know tel number sorry

Pilot Pete
29th May 2004, 22:07
Just to add;

Boeing Flight Safety is now called Alteon.

Contact Cranebank (BA) direct and see what they say.

GECAT (GE Capital Aviation Training) at Heathrow and Gatwick have 75/76 sims too.

There is (was?) one at Burgess Hill, not sure who owns/ runs it.

Best of luck

PP

Night Las Palmas
29th May 2004, 22:18
Alteon have three 757 sims in the UK, Burgess Hill, Cheadle and Luton. If you decide to use Alteon be aware the sim at Burgess Hill flys like a pig and quite often breaks down, the Luton sim on the other hand simulates the aeroplane very well, better than any other 757 sim I've flown and I've tried a quite a few over the years.;)

PENNINE BOY
30th May 2004, 14:54
TORO 01

When enquiring at Cranebank, dont tell them you have a sim ass for a job as they will decline use of the sim.

I tried myself some months ago, they obviously dont need the cash. Just learn the profiles and power settings and you should be ok,
Good Luck :cool:

Victor Mike
1st Jun 2004, 09:49
The BAFT Cranebank numbers are all at www.ebaft.com (http://www.ebaft.com) but both 757 sims are very busy at the moment, so you might end up using them at antisocial hours!

regor
2nd Jun 2004, 13:31
Night Las Palmas, I used to look after the 757 at Burgess Hill, so I can concur with your comments!! Pile of ****! The dutch were smart dumping that heap on Alteon.

Incidently, Alteon are in the process of moving their Burgess Hill sim centre out of CAE's building and into their newly built training centre around the corner from GECAT at Gatwick. Not sure what date the sim's are actually moving though.