PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Arab Airlines to MAN!!!

aeulad
24th May 2004, 14:12
The schedules have been uploaded! Twice weekly DAM-MAN-DAM 747SP TUE, SUN DEP MAN@1230!! Starting June 1st apparently!

Is there a market for so many seats? I would have thought a twice weekly A320 shared flight would have been more appropriate?

Regards

Mike

Caslance
24th May 2004, 16:32
Is there a market for so many seats? I would have thought a twice weekly A320 shared flight would have been more appropriate? Well, Syrian Arab clearly think so. Shared with whom, anyway?

aeulad
24th May 2004, 16:58
I would have thought the route may have been something like

MAN-ORY-DAM
or
MAN-BRU-DAM

something shared with another European city.

IS there a market for so many seats?

Am I the only one a little surprised by the Syrian flights?

Regards

Mike

Caslance
24th May 2004, 17:48
As I said, auelad, the airline must think they'll make money on the route otherwise they wouldn't be bothering, would they?

aeulad
24th May 2004, 22:45
Syrian Arab Airlines is not known for making money.

Lose the attitiude!

Regards

Mike

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
24th May 2004, 23:41
It`s probably something to do with the large Syrian population in Manchester

Golf India Bravo

eal401
25th May 2004, 07:24
Yes, Caslance, because airlines never ever get their route forecasts wrong do they? :rolleyes:

The SSK
25th May 2004, 09:15
The Sunday one goes on to Delhi, the Tuesday one to Bombay sorry Mumbai. That's where the traffic will be.

More years ago than I care to think about I used to work on the BA check-in desk in LHR T3 (BA stood for BOAC back then) and the weekly nightmare was to be rostered on the Sunday RB flight. In a whole year I never came across a single DAM-destined passenger despite the aircraft (Caravelle) always being full.

The tax-free guns that half the passengers were unwittingly carrying used to get off in DAM, but that's another story...

Caslance
25th May 2004, 18:12
Indeed they do, eal401, all the time.

All kinds of businesses all over the world get their market projections wrong.

Are you my Mother, auelad, that I have to do as you say? :confused:

aeulad
25th May 2004, 18:18
Not at all, I never said that. The forum is not a place for bad attitude.

Regards

Mike

Caslance
25th May 2004, 18:39
I agree entirely, but "bad attitude" does not necessarily mean "disagreeing with auelad."

Personal attacks on people who do not share your opinion, however, may well be a sign of a bad attitude.

If my postings on this thread have upset you then I urge you most strongly never to visit JetBlast.............:ooh:

Anyway, back to the planes...........