PDA

View Full Version : Research - help needed

Bennett
22nd May 2004, 14:33
Research - help needed ...

I am the Director of Risk Studies at the University of Leicester in England.
I am writing a book about pilots and piloting.
The book will give pilots the chance to talk about their work, their ambitions and concerns. It will describe them as 'social beings' with educational and career histories, family and financial commitments, commuting and rostering issues, retirement plans, etc. In short, the book will present a sociological picture of the modern pilot.

All those canvassed by the publisher (Ashgate UK) - including pilots, staff associations and trades unions, employers and regulators - said the book was long overdue and would make an important contribution to our understanding of the industry's key resource - the pilot.

The research is done via a simple questionnaire. All data is anonymised. Pilots cannot be identified from their responses. Airlines will not be identified. The book will be published in 2005.
If you are, or have been a Captain or First Officer and wish to help, you can obtain a questionnaire by e-mailing me at [email protected]
You can then either e-mail it back to me at [email protected] or post it to The University of Leicester, 154 Upper New Walk, Leicester, England, LE1 7QA
Thank you.
Dr Simon Bennett MRAeS FICDDS
0116 252 5700

[Last edited by Bennett on 19th May 2004 at 11:05]