PDA

View Full Version : What's Your reporting time for Short haul jet?

Pointer
22nd May 2004, 11:37
Hello all,

Just a little query into the reporting time.

What is your OM reporting time and in order to complete all duties on time, what's your realistic reporting time? do they coincide? do you need more time, or do you feel robbed by the management(don't we all)?

“She” pilots may include bathroom time ;) if wanted! “he” pilots for that matter as well if deemed necessary for appearance :hmm: .

Your opinion is valued by a fellow pilot.

Pointer :E

The Greaser
22nd May 2004, 13:16
ETD -1 hour. Doesn't really give us enough time to do a half-thorough briefing especially if we have any tech problems printing weather/cfp's as these are not done for us. 1:15 would be better.

seat 0A
22nd May 2004, 14:45
1:15 for us. It`s sufficient most of the time. Mind you, flightplan is already made by then. So we just check the flightplanners.

Pointer
22nd May 2004, 15:13
Thanks people, so far it is what i suspected. But more reply's are needed to form a clear picture.

Preliminairy result is that i can safely assume that when an operator put's 40 min before ETO in the books, its unsafe and therefore the responsible person say's ".. report on time or earlier in order to have on time departure .."

This is Fraud !!

Pointer :E

alexban
22nd May 2004, 16:46
1:30 hr for us. Enaugh time to study flight plan,weather and airports information then 1hr before ETD we go to the plane,walkaround,checks,, fmc ,all set with no rush. I thing we can do all this in a lot less time,but I guess it's safer this way.You must not hurry with anything regarding in flight preparation.

Capt Claret
23rd May 2004, 07:51
Cold aeroplane (hasn't flown that day) ETD - 1hr.
Hot aeroplane (has flown that day) ETD - 0:45.

Neither has enough time for anything to hit the fan.

conch
23rd May 2004, 08:45
ETD - 1 hour for us. The flight plans are ready, that's all. It takes at least 5 minutes to get all rest of the necessary information. If the airplane is far away on the airport you should leave for the crew bus 45 minutes prior to departure. I think this says it all!
On big airports 1.15h is ok, 1.30h would be perfect!

nitefiter
23rd May 2004, 10:38
On regional and European short haul we have 1 hour before departure,its not enough time if the weathers bad or we have a Tech problem,we dont have pre collated WX or notams and FO,s have to walk via Met Briefing on the way in to collect it, this takes at least 5 mins away from us when the computer and printer are working properly,then with no crew transport (EVER) and a remote,distant stand (NORMAL) it can take another 5-10 mins to get out to the aircraft.Pressure really builds up when it all dont work on a bad weather day no alternates,no cat 2, and payload limits on wet runways for departure and arrival.I always get in early, just in case, at least half an hour that i dont get paid for,just to get a heads up on the paper work so that we can check out the important stuff, even then i have found lately that i have missed a nav aid inop in the notams.

conch
23rd May 2004, 10:57
if the weathers bad or we have a Tech problem

...then computers and printers never work properly!!!:mad: