PDA

View Full Version : BAC Express

SunDanced Kid
22nd May 2004, 03:56
I hear that BAC in Horley is on the road to closing down very soon. I believe that the Ops Staff have been offered positions
in DUB.

Shame it has come to this but then if you have people like MF and
JS running the show then it is hardly surprising

Good Luck to all the staff at BAC

G-BUNZ Seeker
22nd May 2004, 19:09
All pretty much gone now, most of the key staff have left or have jobs lined up. Some of the usual monkey business has occoured over people leaving. They just won't let it lie even to the end.

I believe end of June is when the it all finishes.

Sad there was always a nice bunch of people at BAC bar a couple.

Motormouse
25th May 2004, 14:00
One of BAC's 'sheds' has been parked up at CWL (egff)
looking all forlorn and lost.

I knew a few of the BAC gang from previous job,
all good to know, good luck one and all.

Pete

skyrabbit
25th May 2004, 19:37
That's cos someone taxied a Navajo into it and mangled the aileron............will be fixed and gone soon.

Bunny :)

bacardi walla
26th May 2004, 08:35
was MF driving the Navajo :mad:

SunDanced Kid
26th May 2004, 13:23
Ohh I am sure back in his day.. When He was an Ops Controller he would have taxied around the apron with care.. Now if it was
that certain JS in Commercial Dept then what he doesn't know
about flying makes us look like bus drivers :mad:

Tosh McCaber
27th May 2004, 12:12
Hey guys,

Look on the bright side- They have been absorbed into Air Contractors- a much better bunch to work for!

Yorky Towers
28th May 2004, 21:59
Ye right !!!!!
Just ask the boys (mostly ex. now) from ACL what a nice bunch the management are?????:sad:

SunDanced Kid
30th May 2004, 02:02
From what I have Heard most of the Ops Staff are all typing there Cv's up at the moment I believe 1 from Commercial has gone to DUB.

I would imagine JS will get a nice pay out and go back to his helicopters and try and make a mint out of them.

MF.. Well he probably has enough to retire now, he has caused enough mayhem in his life so maybe he should just collect his P45 quietly now:mad:

B757SF
1st Jun 2004, 23:17
Hi Guys.

Come and join our forum.Dhl/acl/bac express.
Send me a private message and once I verify who you are ,your in.
safe flying and dont let them grind you down.

B757sf

The Streets
2nd Jun 2004, 13:44
Hmmm,

Well the first statement about Ops Staff being offered jobs in DUB is totally untrue, none of them were considered for transfer, and are gradually dwindling in numbers, good luck to them, they were a top bunch of guys and I am sure they will find a home where they are wanted.

Ops Mgr and a few others are working in DUB at the moment, but the word is that is just to smooth the integration and will depart Sep time.

BAC House closes on 31st July, when the property developers move in (!) Sad times, and where the TSK TSK (CR2) are we going to park our cars when we go on holiday !!

A small number of management will go to DUB, but for how long is anyones guess.

Initial dealings with DUB ops are pretty good, they seem a tidy bunch, and things seem to be going pretty well.

From a flightcrew perspective I think things are fairly positive, but to the ground guys out there looking, all the very best.

Doors 2 Manual
6th Jun 2004, 05:06
Got to feel sorry for these Guys.. Not alot of Ops / Crewing jobs
around at the moment.. When I left BAC a couple of Years ago
not even a reference from MF just shows what he is like.

Any jobs come up I will post them

EI-CGO
19th Jun 2004, 10:32
Intersting times ahead, not only for BAC chaps, but for ACL as well.
From what I hear a few noses are out of joint certain 'Management' roles being shunted around to accomodate BAC people, cant imagine they will last to long and havent a hope in hell of breaking the Southfork dynasty !
Surprised that Ops is not expanding, as I cant imagine it will be an easy ride with those rather time consuming misbehaving sheds.
Oh well, best of luck to all concerned

EI:ok:

BRISTOLRE
21st Jun 2004, 14:21
Also heard some people got ops/commerical jobs over at Air Partner Ltd at LGW, a charter brokerage & biz jet management house.

one dot right
25th Jun 2004, 06:54
Anyone know what happened to Captain Underpants? :E

skyrabbit
15th Jul 2004, 09:45
He's still there....saw him at CWL last week. The rumour that he was joining the 'green' bunch at LPL must be false.

Rabbs :}