PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann - Waterford/France

FlyingV
21st May 2004, 15:11
But where in France?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0521/aerarann.html

EI-WAT
21st May 2004, 15:55
I'd have to say it will be to either Nantes Or Brittany, no wonder waterford extender the apron the place is going to get very busy down there. Hopefully the runway and taxiway is next to bring some jets to waterford.

schoolkid
21st May 2004, 17:32
I have just heard on waterford local radio that the flights will operate to Lorient which is north west of Nantes

Still nothing on the aer arann website about the route.
Congratulations to everyone at waterford airport for secureing the new flights.

hope this helps.

The 5Q
21st May 2004, 20:57
Due to start on June 21st with flights Wed and Sun. I think that it was leaked before Aer Arann were due to announce it so it may not be 100% confirmed yet.

Maybe sometime next it will appear on aerarann.com

Regards

5q

WHBM
21st May 2004, 23:38
EI-WAT

I admire your (as ever) confidence about Waterford, but with a once daily Luton, three times a week Manchester, and now twice a week France, all of which just operate in and back out again with a 30 min turnaround, I think that "get very busy" is a tiny bit of hyperbole :D

Remember going there a couple of years ago on the afternoon Euroceltic and we were delayed on the lane into Waterford because Farmer O'Reilly was driving his cows along it to milking !

SNNEI
22nd May 2004, 16:13
That's the beauty of rural Ireland my friend.. nothing rushed, nothing urgent! ;-)

All the same, Waterford Corporation/county council should look at an upgrade to that road. The journey from waterford city is a wee bit long. Better still, siting the airport on the Kilkenny side of Waterford city (god forbid! :) There's a lot of local rivalry between the two counties) would bring it much closer to it's catchment.

All the same, great news for WAT and RE.

The 5Q
22nd May 2004, 16:19
I take it you have not travelled on the new section of the airport road yet ?

The airport road is being upgraded as part of the new city py-pass with the cork and dunmore roads.

SNNEI
22nd May 2004, 23:47
Hi,

No, it has been a while since I travelled that route. My apologies for the innaccuracy mate. :)

the highwayman
23rd May 2004, 14:39
Whatever abou the state of the roads to/from the place it is a nice coup for both the airport and Pardaig O Ceidigh - ORK to Rennes (when EI flew it) and ORK to NTE for Jetmagic (remember them) were supposedly very popular routes. RE obviously got a good deal to use WTE instead of ORK.

I know quite a few people in the cork area who are using WW to LGW and then BA to NTE (having planned to go before GX went belly up).

runawayedge
24th May 2004, 13:49
Wonder is this starting in GWY then to WAT and then on to Lorient???

EI-WAT
31st May 2004, 15:59
Wonder is this starting in GWY then to WAT and then on to Lorient???

No It is going to be direct from Waterford

runawayedge
31st May 2004, 17:11
How's the aircraft going to position?.....dare say it won't be empty!

The 5Q
3rd Jun 2004, 20:28
From flyinginireland.com

http://www.flyinginireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=804#804

"Flights start on Wed 23rd June. With sector fares from EUR73 - I assume the short flight time from WAT to LRT accounts for the time difference"

Wednesdays

RE572 0625 GWY 0700 WAT - 0725 WAT 0955 LRT
RE571 1020 LRT 1055 WAT - 1120 WAT 1150 GWY

Saturdays

RE572 0810 GWY 0840 WAT - 0905 WAT 1135 LRT
RE571 1205 LRT 1240 WAT - 1305 WAT 1335 GWY

MarkD
6th Jun 2004, 20:14
GWY - LRT 1 stop WAT is now bookable on RE website.

Interesting that GWY-WAT is not bookable - why not? The N19 and N24 are not such good roads and the rail connections aren't great either!

The 5Q
23rd Jun 2004, 12:45
The first LRT flight troddled off this morning with about 35 passengers including PR people. The 72 is doing the odd rotation with alreafy 66 booked on one flight.

Have heard that there are alot of enquiries for WAT GWY WAT so REA may open up the seats yet.

Runway 31
25th Jun 2004, 17:15
I see that each departing passenger from Waterford will be charged a 5 euro levy from 1st July.

The levy is to be used to enhance the airport facilities. What if any impact do you think that it will have and do you think passengers will understand or appreciate why it is being imposed ?. I suspect that this may undermine the efforts being made to regenerate operations from the airport

EI-WAT
25th Jun 2004, 18:42
That levy as far as i know has being in place with a long while now so regular passangers i'd say are un affected.

Runway 31
25th Jun 2004, 18:56
Thanks for the reply EI-WAT.

I read in the local Waterford paper today that it comes into effect on 1st July.

Hope you are right.

The 5Q
25th Jun 2004, 21:19
The Airport operated a €10 Levy during the Euroceltic days which then stopped being taken during summer 2002.

The new €5 may not go down to well at first but the have been advertising it in the terminal with information leaflets for passengers as they check in.

Eh Hello?
26th Jun 2004, 20:23
Arran already charge a 14.75 Euro airport charge for Waterford departures so the extra 5 Euros must be in addition to this. It looks like Waterford need to get some extra revenue over and above whatever deal they have cut with Arran and the only way acceptable to RE to do this is to apply a 'levy' which does not hit the advertised fare.

runawayedge
28th Jun 2004, 16:43
Does anyone know where are the pax coming from GWY or WAT?

RYRbaby.com
29th Jun 2004, 02:09
Yet another coup by RE.
NW France route will do well.

Mark (Toronto) - you are so right.
Non-DUB focused Irish domestic routes
are in short supply. GWY-WAT by train?
Think it would be quicker getting to Toronto!!!

Not so sure if this twice weekly run would
be the way forward.
You never know. Maybe RE can tie up a few new routes
via WAT to make it viable at the right price.