PDA

View Full Version : Got a question?

Canada
21st May 2004, 06:27
Sorry if this the wrong forum I apologize. I'm wanting to go into a Career as a airline pilot, after you got Private Pilot,Multi Engine,Instrument Rating and the Commercial think thats the right order, how many hours would you get out of those? After that what do many pilots do since alot of airlines dont hire pilots with like 500 enless your strike it lucky? Also when you do your Private licence, do you do all the ground work and then start to fly or hows that work.

Thanks
Ron Smith

21st May 2004, 11:52
That is the right order, yes.

If you're competant, you'd come out of that with just over 200 hours, depending on whether you do approved courses or not.

In order to gain hours most instruct, drop skydivers, fly air taxi (dying breed for low hours pilots under JAR AOC), tow gliders etc.

Unless you've got deep pockets, this is the way to go, but some get lucky and get a turbo/jet job with just a low hrs frozen ATPL........

hibypassratio
21st May 2004, 14:00
I take it your Canadian? Do you want to do this in Canada?

Try the Canadian form, or the pilot wannabee's forum. Also, try www.avcanada.ca or www.jetthrust.com. They are both Canadain specific sites.

Good luck.

Canada
21st May 2004, 17:39
Ya im from Canada thanks for the links. :ok: