PDA

View Full Version : EMB 145 reliability

Ravintola
20th May 2004, 15:44
I wondered if anyone could help me out with the following?

I am studying the ERJ 145 for a project and wanted to know how it is considered by those flying and maintaining it. What sort of despatch reliability does it achieve?

Lucky Angel
28th Jun 2004, 17:12
Late response but the 145 has excellent reliability especially in the summer. In the winter you get problems with freezing doors not been able to open from the outside. That is the main pax door but the service door can open ok. Other than that its very reliable.

AIRWAY
28th Jun 2004, 17:44
I fly on them sometimes as PAX, also have a few friends that fly the 145, and they keep telling me that the Autopilot cannot handle turbulence, hence them flying it manually. ( I have to say that the ERJ145 that they fly are from the first batch built )

In overall a good plane

rotornut
30th Jun 2004, 11:10
In the winter you get problems with freezing doors not been able to open from the outside. That is the main pax door but the service door can open ok.

Same problems with the Canadair RJs.

Red Mud
30th Jun 2004, 18:56
Same problem with the Canadair RJs? Not that any of us have heard about. Not to put down Embraer nor offer praise for the CRJ (I am certain that there are other issues to discuss) but sticky doors in winter isn't an issue for the CRJ. As for the Embraer perhaps a good place to start looking would be the maintenace and repair/replace cycle on the engines. Should be an interesting read for any MBA wannabee or company accountant.

rotornut
30th Jun 2004, 20:03
Not that any of us have heard about.
Red Mud,
Do you work for Air Canada? I got this information from a friend of mine who is an apprentice at AC who works on the RJs.