PDA

View Full Version : Aus CPL to Canadian CPL

Sierra Jet
19th May 2004, 04:57
G'day, just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about converting an Australian CPL over to a Canadian CPL? I've heard that it's easier than converting to UK or USA standards..may or may not be true! And also would anyone know if it's equally as difficult to get flying work (charter/instructional) in Canada as it seems to be everywhere else in the world?!!
I'm heading off on a working holiday, and would obviously love to stick to my preferred profession than pulling pints in a bar...easier said than done I know! Anyway info would be v. appreciated!;)

Squawk 8888
20th May 2004, 00:20
Best thing to do is check with Transport Canada (www.tc.gc.ca).

JoeCo
21st May 2004, 16:50
Get a float rating, go to the Maldives, get your hours up, go home and get your ATPL and then work on converting to other ATPL's. I believe that you will have an easier time finding work once you have an ATPL then with just a CPL.

Hope it helps,

Joe

P.S. Pouring pints ain't such a bad trait to have, especially in this ****** up industry!!

Blueskyz
25th May 2004, 00:55
Converting to a Canadian CPL is not as difficult as it may seem. Depending on the number of hours flown in the last 6 months, it can be as little as writing only the air law portion of a Canadian CPL exam and and instrument flight test.

PM me with some details if you're still interested and we'll take is from there. I'm a flight instructor and I've done a few conversions already.

Cheers!

JoeCo
25th May 2004, 10:07
Hey Blueskyz,

Lets say Sierra Jet had an ATPL already and was looking to convert, is it as easy as writing an airlaw exam, or are the regs different depending on the license you are trying to convert?