PDA

View Full Version : 737-700 vs A319

bigdunc
18th May 2004, 16:42
I am in the fortunate position of being about to start training in New Zealand on the CTC McAlpine course, and have learned that my course is to be sponsored by easyJet. Ultimately, we are to be given a choice of base and/or aircraft.

Aside from the fact that not all UK bases have the Airbus yet, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which is the nicer/better aircraft to fly; the 737-700 or the A319. I am told that one is significantly easier to fly (broadly speaking, obviously). I'm guessing that's the Airbus. :hmm:

Any feedback would be awesome.

Cheers, BigDunc :ok:

Eagles Forever
18th May 2004, 19:13
The 737 is yesterday's aeroplane. Go for the Airbus.

alexban
18th May 2004, 19:52
That may be right.But depends what you like:the yoke of yesterday or the buttons and nintendo of tomorow :confused:

Now seriously,both are great planes,consider yourself lucky to be able to fly them.I would take into consideration where I would like to fly most,which type rated will serve me best.(job opportunity,I guess.)
Best of luck.
Alex

Boeing 7E7
18th May 2004, 19:57
Just concentrate on getting the ATPL first and worry about the jets later, I would say. There is a lot of hard work between now and then! Well done on getting to where you are now thoough.

bigdunc
19th May 2004, 11:00
cheers for he advice guys.

BigDunc :ok:

springbok449
19th May 2004, 18:03
Good luck with your course mate.
If you were to be going to EZY, it would be very unlikely that the choice will be yours though...
However if you had your say I would go on the 737 as you will get to go on the Airbus when EZY faces the old jets out...

buttline
20th May 2004, 22:50
From guys I've flown with who've flown both, they say the 737 is a nicer plane to fly but the 320 is nicer to operate.

Personally, I wanted (and got thanks to CTC) the 737 because it flies like a normal airplane and, recognising I still had low hrs, I wanted to develop my handflying skills as much as possible..

Dealing with pitch power couples, having to pitch up in turns - that sort of thing which I understand the Airbus shields you from...

That lunch tray thingy is tempting though! Seriously though, on the other hand, at eJ you'll often do 4 sector days which are pretty tiring... Having an easier to operate aircraft must reduce fatigue considerations I would have thought...

Good luck and congratulations...