PDA

View Full Version : crash in the Rockies?

kidmenot
18th May 2004, 11:06
I am seeking information about a light airplane that crashed in the Rockies a week ago. plane originated from Springbank. :(

Red Mud
18th May 2004, 16:41
Check the CBC news archives for that period. I reemember seeing a news bit on a fellow who was flying his light aircraft across the country. As he hadn't any mountain flying experience he wisely went for a lesson before the solo attempt. His instructor took them into a box canyon where the impact took place, The instructor sadly perished and the student walked most of the way out. I presume that this is the accident you were referring to.

CaptW5
18th May 2004, 18:02
If you don't mind the usual mudslinging etc., you can read more about it on the AvCanada Forum at this thread:
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=1656

kidmenot
21st May 2004, 10:26
Thank u all that responded. I found the info and Mitch Ford will be sadly missed. Condolences to Friends and Family. He was a Good Man.

YYZ
21st May 2004, 13:18
Firstly my condolences to the family and friends of Mitch Ford

Secondly, Captw5, you warned but I did not listen:( I have never read abuse like it on a forum that should be expressing sympathy or provoking debates about what happened and how to ensure it doesn’t again!

The moderators on that site are very forgiving & im grateful PPRuNe is more discerning when they decide if someone is stepping over the line.

YYZ

hibypassratio
21st May 2004, 14:11
My sympathies to Mr. Ford's family.

Avcanada has had to do a serious crack down in the past. It may be time for it again. Being a Canuck, I visit Avcanada more often, but the mud slinging can get very tiresome.

YYZ
21st May 2004, 15:41
Mud slinging is one thing but directed abuse is another:uhoh:

Canadian Rotorhead
2nd Jun 2004, 23:45
Avcanada is horrible, I just took a look. Don't waste your time there.

CDN-RH