PDA

View Full Version : where are bmi longhaul at?

no, no, no
18th May 2004, 09:57
does anyone know what the latest is with bmi's longhaul plans, or how their new routes are selling (Toronto, and the Caribbean?).

Are they planning anything new? Surely markets keep on being taken up like BOS & MIA with AA (if MIA happens), and potentially HKG if CX restart as mentioned on another post - so how many markets are left for bmi?

And why haven't they looked at flying from Heathrow - flew on them last year in business and the service was one of the best I've had... this would do great from London!!! I knwo they can't do the US thing, but surely the US isn't the only place in the world????!!!!:confused:

elgan
18th May 2004, 11:33
The last we heard is that they are planning tom open up rotes to India and South Africal, and also looking at the Asian market aff from MAN of course. :ok: Amy more?

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
18th May 2004, 18:30
Apparently, the caribbean routes are selling well even in Biz class. Although that doesn't really surprise me.

From what I was told, the Toronto is still early days although not doing bad. Their IAD and ORD flights all seem to be pretty chokka at the moment too. Can't get on them on stand-by for love nor money!

:{

Tallbloke
19th May 2004, 19:15
I am fairly sure they cannot fly from London because of Bilateral agreements between the UK and US governments (Bermuda II Treaty).

Bagso
21st May 2004, 07:11
BMI are prevented from operating into USA from LHR by the Bi-lateral agreement between the UK and USA....

It's the same agreement that prevented USA flights into Manchester for over 30 years ....!