PDA

View Full Version : easyJet passenger gets three months

MerchantVenturer
17th May 2004, 21:33
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/3721977.stm

Yet another fool who had too much to drink on an aircraft finds himself the guest of that nice Mrs Windsor - this time for three months.

I don't suppose many people have been asked to step outside for a fight at 25,000 feet (there was a slightly longer report on the local tv news).

At least the courts seem to be taking these matters relatively seriously now.

Jerricho
17th May 2004, 21:36
Good. And IMHO should be banned from flying for a long, long time. Airline staff put up with enough without this sort of crap.

Ranger 1
17th May 2004, 23:10
Good:ok:
This should happen more often,along with a substantial ban.

TwinAisle
17th May 2004, 23:27
Good job.

As an airline manager, I am getting fed up with the cr@p my cabin staff colleagues have to take, and am always happy to see results like this. To quote our T&Cs from our website:

"All passengers are reminded that it is a criminal offence to be drunk on board an aircraft. We will not tolerate anyone, whether under the influence of alcohol or not, who endangers or abuses members of our staff, and will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who does."

I do think though that the ground handling companies have a part to play here.... was this guy really sober when he got on, or was he steaming, so that the ground staff just wanted to get shot of him, and in the process made him a problem for an eJ crew??

TA

Approach_plate
18th May 2004, 08:28
I do think though that the ground handling companies have a part to play here.... was this guy really sober when he got on, or was he steaming, so that the ground staff just wanted to get shot of him, and in the process made him a problem for an eJ crew??

As the aircraft came from Alicante then I can honestly say that the Spanish dont give a **** about rules and regulations.

I work for a ground handling company at cardiff and the ammount of drunk passengers I see getting off aircraft is getting silly. Spanair pax seems to be the worst. Missloads are their favorite thing at the moment. Dont thy have AAA in Spain???

TwinAisle, You try to pin blame on to the ground handling companies but it could also go down to the cabin crew serving one too many drinks to try and make some commision. I have seen it happen when I have traveled on a certain charter airline.

Dirty Harry
18th May 2004, 19:15
Seems the judge was easy on him, should have been 6 months.