PDA

View Full Version : Where are EI's 146s?

Cargo
17th May 2004, 17:20
Hi,

Just wondering does anybody know where EI's 146s are? I know they were retired recently, but have they been sold or are they parked somewhere? Also, when the 73s retire next year, will A320s be put on all UKP routes? No other option really. Thanks.

Oshkosh George
17th May 2004, 17:27
At least one (EI-CTO) has been restored to the British Register (as G-BUHC),registered to Trident Aviation Leasing c/o BAe Management Services. Presumably to join the lease fleet worldwide.

Flightrider
17th May 2004, 17:31
The EI 146s are - I think - all at Southend. I seem to recall that two were going to CityJet but the remainder are parked up at SEN down the far end of the airport.

Oshkosh George
17th May 2004, 17:38
Also found 4 more as follows--

EI-CTN to G-BSNS
EI-CLJ to G-BTNU
EI-CLY to G-BTZN
EI-CTM to G-BTXN

All registered to same owner as G-BUHC Above.

Does this account for them all?

akerosid
17th May 2004, 17:49
On a related matter, anyone know if there's been any agreement been reached on the 146 pilots. Apparently, none of the 40+ pilots on the 146 fleet have flown since the type was retired, last October/November and the airline is apparently balking at the idea of retraining them all, saying they are surplus to requirements.

There were various Labour Court talks in recent weeks, but still no word as to whether this shabby treatment has been brought to an end.

minuteman
17th May 2004, 19:50
AFAIK, CLH and CLI at least are being ferried all over the shop, DUB, SNN, NOC (and possibly Woodford?) There could be one more aircraft, I'm not sure.

The grapevine has it they will be delivered to an unspecified part of an unspecified desert soon....

The 4-engine experience of the grounded guys will be invaluable when the A340s arrive (when the bilateral gets changed next month) :}

Boss Raptor
17th May 2004, 20:06
I understand they are all property of BAe Systems Asset Management and have been returned at the final end of lease where they will no doubt move on to pastures new

SNNEI
17th May 2004, 20:09
One of them is still to be found here at Shannon, outside one of the many hangers.

Oshkosh George
17th May 2004, 23:24
Saw a reference to Cityjet getting at least one ex Buzz aircraft.

That would fit in with the current owner--KLM,merged with Air France,who own Cityjet!

Fits like a jigsaw!

DW11
18th May 2004, 09:47
At the moment CLG is at Shannon and CLH and I are at Dublin.

Towerman
18th May 2004, 10:20
BAE Systems are owners of at least three of the 146 aircraft. The other main owner is ANZ Bank, however BAE have a contract to remarket these aircraft as well.

BAE took redelivery of these aircraft last year having undertaken a draconian redelivery audit and hammered EI for a huge amount of "defect compensation".

These aircraft will be remarketed by BAe and join the numbers of parked 146 somewhere around the world. I know that BAE are urgently seeking additional parking and maintenance for the growing idle fleet.....

Tom the Tenor
18th May 2004, 11:09
I have heard that a few of the BAe 146 pilots have recently been placed on Airbus courses.