PDA

View Full Version : CPL/ATPL @ Southend/Stapleford???

flyingdogguitar
16th May 2004, 06:15
Hi,
Has anyone personal experience with regard to Commercial flying training at either Southend flying club or Stapleford flight centre. As these are probably the closest authorised training facilities for me.
Also regarding CPL/ATPL ground subjects (correspondence only-as I'm in full time employment) are PPSC still in operation? Any recommendations with regard to this.

Many Thanks

Dave

pacole
16th May 2004, 14:35
I signed up with stapleford when tony cornish was still running it. They train the PPL in the states with his son Yuri. I would recommend them. Yuri is a star and he realy cares. He has now gone solo and you can find his adverts in the back of pilot and such like. They also train for the FAA CPL M/IR. When I came to do my CPL with the guys at stapleford I found them a bit unfriendly. I will not criticise the level of training it is just they have so many students you tend to get forgotten. The guy who runs the sim though is a legend. For CPL / M/IR training you cannot beat AFT at Exeter. Thats where I eventually went. All ex RAF and their training is the best. Distance learning for ground courses go to Bristol. Feedback is as good as Oxford and they are alot cheaper.

Hope it helps:ok:

Send Clowns
16th May 2004, 21:12
PPSC went belly up in August 2001. I taught some of their disappointed students at SFT, before they too fell over (hint: protect your cash, don't pay too much upfront!). I recommend BCFT, but since I teach General Navigation and Electrics for them I would :p More seriously, the choice of schools depends whether you are considering distance learning or full-time courses for the groundschool, which you have not mentioned. There are 3 or 4 really good schools in either category. I'm afraid as an employee of one school you can't trust me an inch to recommend which these are :E Some recent threads have given hints.

flyingdogguitar
17th May 2004, 09:58
Hi,
Sorry I'm a little out of touch, who are BSFT?

Regards

Dave

OOoooppsss!

I meant BCFT!!

Dave

Penworth
17th May 2004, 10:33
Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training

flyingdogguitar
18th May 2004, 15:17
Thanks very much! Ihad a ook at the sim which they have at Stapleford and it really does look the buisness!!!

Cheers

Dave

timzsta
18th May 2004, 20:42
Flyingdogguitar - send me a private message and perhaps we can arrange to meet. Can give you perspective on both.

AIRWAY
19th May 2004, 06:17
Ihad a ook at the sim which they have at Stapleford and it really does look the buisness!!!

Brand new sim, and it doesnt look the business?

:rolleyes:

WX Man
20th May 2004, 15:40
I have experience of Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training's setup and what was Stapleford's USA setup, now completely separate (and called Riverside Flight Centre) run by Tony Cornish and Yuri.

Did my groundschool with BCFT, and I'm doing an FAA CPL and IR conversion with them. Very happy (with one or two minor reservations about BCFT's groundschool) with BCFT. Yet to start the conversion course though.

Doing the FAA Multi CPL and Multi IR with Riverside Flight Centre.
I can recommend Riverside, and I think you'll get the biggest advantage if you then go on to convert with Airways at Exeter.

trainer too 2
21st May 2004, 08:03
From experience only I would recommend Bristol Groundschool and on the flying side Profesionnal air training in Bournemouth. I too started on PPSC but went for refreshers to Bristol and apart from still being around ;) found them a good school as well