PDA

View Full Version : DUB-AGP Spanair

Toulouse
14th May 2004, 09:30
I was just looking on the internet for flights DUB-AGP-DUB for my sister and her children in June... chcecked all the obvious: Aer Lingus, Ryanair, Air France/City Jet who operate direct Dublin-Malaga services. All tickets were at least 350 euros each. A bit of further investigation brought me to Spanair. I booked flights with Spanair, costing only 104 euros + 30 euros tax each return on a direct DUB-AGP-DUB service. They appear to operate a direct flight every Thursday and Sunday on A-321's. Is this a scheduled service? I was suprised to be able to book with Spanair online, I would have thought DUB-AGP would have been charter with this airline and that if I wanted to book Spanair it would have been via London, Frankfurt of Scandinavia?

Just curious...

SNNEI
14th May 2004, 09:48
I think (but am not 100% sure) that they are selling excess seats on their charter flights. Futura are doing the same under the budgetair brand.

rh15
14th May 2004, 11:11
Spanair operate soem quasi scheduled service flights from Spain to Ireland. They share the aircraft capacity with a tour operator.

Toulouse
14th May 2004, 11:13
Thanks for the answers SNNEI and rh15!

Do you have any experience with Spanair? I've never flown them even though I lived in Spain for a long time, but I believe they offer a very good service on board?

Caribs
14th May 2004, 11:39
I've flown with them a few times to AGP and found them to be very good. Nice food and excellent service. Seats a little tight but no worse than any other low cost and charter airline. Never lost any of our bags yet - touch wood..!! From memory flights left pretty much on schedule too so no complaints.

Enjoy your trip :D

Adam Leach
14th May 2004, 12:31
Spanair are generally quite nice. Only one bad experience with overly bossy cabin crew ladies and not being able to understand them. Other than that the service is excellent, seats are okay (a little tight in the MD83 anyway). Their Airbuses are well kept too.. nice and clean.

WHBM
15th May 2004, 23:17
These are scheduled services. JK 8092/4 Dublin to Malaga appear in the standard timetables.

Spanair are a Star Alliance carrier, just like Lufthansa, United, Singapore AL, etc.

http://www.star-alliance.com/star_alliance/star/member_airlines/air_spanair.html