PDA

View Full Version : MCC courses and type ratings

pacole
13th May 2004, 19:42
I have just finished ATPL training and are researched MCC and type rateings courses offered in the UK and Ireland. Has anyone out there had any good or bad experiences with the companies offering these courses? Who they have used and the prices. Any advice gratefully recieved!!!:confused:

Peggy Murphy
14th May 2004, 09:59
I did my MCC at 'Multi Crew Training' MCT at Bournemouth. Although they use 'Europeans' sim its a totally independant operation....... so your money is safe. I paid on completion..... cant argue with that. They use the Tristar L1011, very experienced instructors.... Singapore, BA, Virgin. Cost £2800. Well worth the money. Contact Capt Norman Giffin. :ok:

IRRenewal
14th May 2004, 20:59
Well worth the money.

What do you base this statement on? Did you attend more than one MCC course so you can compare? Did it get you a job as a result of this course?

schuler_tuned
15th May 2004, 10:53
there are, i believe 3 different companies offering mcc courses on this sim, with 3 different prices!

do you need an mcc, if you intend to aquire a type rating will this not be included?

if you really are intent on self type rating i'd be quick. the rate of failures and extra training required for agency supplied self funders, suggests a return to recommended and bonded new hires in the very near future.

pacole
16th May 2004, 08:56
I have come across cabair and peggy mentions MCT. Who is the third?

schuler_tuned
16th May 2004, 10:45
the third is bcftc, if they are still offering the course.

Buy one get one free
16th May 2004, 12:57
This is a stand alone course and qualification, and has been since 1999.

You undertake it prior to the initial multi-crew typing rating course.

bogof:ok:

TRon
16th May 2004, 14:43
I have heard nothing but good things about Jetlinx who use BA Sims at Cranebank last I heard it was 2800, I believe this is about the norm, although there were a company in the north doing one for 1100 on a King Air sim. Most use the MCC as a chance to handle a jet in prep for a sim ride in the future and as a 'reward' for all the hard work on the ATPL. It is without doubt the best bit. When you start any type rating you do another MCC as part of it you just normally dont have to do the initial CRM modules again. As for getting a job as a result of your MCC, I would forget that idea the MCC is a box ticking excercise these days nothing more.

The only people who do that are CTC on their AQC course which is also an approved MCC course. It will set you back 6.5k, but then it is the cheapest route to a jet job. Of course you have to get selected and make the grade on AQC to get in their hold pool but if you havent done an MCC yet, I would seriously consider it.

dsp1285
16th May 2004, 19:03
Hi ya,

I am looking to take the MCC start of June, if you want to buddy up and help reduce the cost let me know.....:ok:

Midland Maniac
17th May 2004, 11:55
I did the MCC at Oxford about 2 years ago. They use a 737 sim and it is very good. The course material was excelent and the course structure was ideal.

Are European still offering a course as they are in financial 'dire straights' ?

Groundloop
17th May 2004, 12:15
"Are European still offering a course as they are in financial 'dire straights' ?"

European have never offered MCC courses. Other course providers hire time on European's simulators. Also as the sim section of European runs at a profit it is likely to continue for some time.

Regarding MCT, I have used them for other simulator work over the last few years (ie not MCC courses) and the instructors are very good, very friendly and with incredible experience.

pacole
18th May 2004, 18:47
dsp1285 if you are still interested give me a shout at [email protected]:ok: