PDA

View Full Version : Air Scotland 757 @ MAN

bmiboyz
13th May 2004, 13:20
Any idea what the above a/c was doing at MAN on the 12th??

Fokker-off
13th May 2004, 13:53
Probably what it does the other 364 days of the year...F all !!

MAN777
13th May 2004, 14:08
It was in First choice hanger

Fokker-off
13th May 2004, 14:20
so doing F all then

GoEDI
13th May 2004, 14:41
Getting it's sh!tty paint sorted out I think. It's peeling like mad, a very bad job done originally.

Oshkosh George
13th May 2004, 14:45
It was apparently put into service before the paint had hardened,due operational reasons.

They had to change aircraft---SX-BLV to SX-BLW,I believe. I don't know why there was a rush!

PPRuNe Radar
13th May 2004, 14:48
Strange .. could swear I have seen that aircraft flying through UK airspace almost every time I sit down.

But Fokker-off probably knows best :hmm:

Oshkosh George
13th May 2004, 14:49
Just had an afterthought!

It could well be the OLD aircraft,being readied for it's new work.

In fact,Air Scotland aircraft landed at EDI just now at 1544,don\'t know which one,from Malaga.

So I think it could well be the OLD aircraft -SX-BLV at MAN. Unless,of course,they have ANOTHER one on lease!

HELP!!!!!

Mr @ Spotty M
13th May 2004, 16:16
The aircraft was on maintenance by Monarch and l would guess in Monarch's hangar as First Choice does not have a hangar.
The aircraft was rushed into service because they had to return the leased Thomas Cook 757 back.

codpiece face
13th May 2004, 19:22
The Air Scotland/Greece airways machine was in the MYT hangar because the monarch hangar was full. It was having the decals sorted out that have peeled off and some minor maintenance by Monarch. This aircraft is SX-BLW which is ex G-OOOS and is the only aircraft currently operated. SX-BLV has been returned to TCX and is back operating as G-JMCG.

Eff Oh
14th May 2004, 11:48
Fokker,
What are you talking about? Never heard so much nonsense!
RE The decals. It was not a paint job, it was blamed on detergent used on the aircraft in BOH before it was released to service, causing the decals to peal off. All fixed now, looks quite good in my opinion. :)
EffOh.

MAN777
14th May 2004, 14:20
Picture here

www.ringwayreports.co.uk/SX-BLW.jpg

GoEDI
14th May 2004, 14:50
Oh I thought it was going to be a pic of it fixed! :)

Eff Oh
14th May 2004, 16:32
The new job is holding up nicely. :ok:

GoEDI
14th May 2004, 23:36
Much better!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=284014

Meeb
15th May 2004, 11:13
What the...?

Greece Airways...????

The sooner this scruffy little outfit disapears the better... what an insult... :mad:

Monde
15th May 2004, 15:23
Meeb - your wish to have yet another airline go to the wall is noted.. I'm sure all the employees of Air Scotland/ GRE willl be really pleased to read your pointless post about them - obviously you have nothing better to do with your spare time than post s@1t..!

codpiece face
15th May 2004, 15:47
I can tell you that they are not a very proffesional outfit, time will tell what happens. I find it amazing they are still flying if only for the fact that their loads are not the best in the world ,and a great majority of the routes they fly go via EDI which if not doubling the costs increases the quite a bit

GoEDI
15th May 2004, 18:38
They only have one 757 just now to operate their fairly extensive summer timetable! If it goes tech the consequences will probably kill them!
I am too amazed they have survived this far, they have got through the bankrupcy of Electra and Air Holland, both who have supplied the aircraft for them- although Greece AIrways is Electra reborn I believe. The problem is the 757 is too big for them. THey should follow FlyGLobespan and get some 737s, who are doing very well for themselves.

Vim Fuego
15th May 2004, 20:15
Well said, Monde! Good luck to AirScotland.

Now, how many pints have I had....?

Meeb
15th May 2004, 22:19
Monde, that's my point, they hardly employ any 'locals'. If 'Air Scotland' are serious (and it is very clear they are not so god knows why I even mention it), they would get a UK AOC... & we all know that's as likely as BA starting US flights from the Scottish capital.... :mad:

And Monde, maybe you should do a little research of your own before heaping praise in a dubious direction....

Eff Oh
17th May 2004, 08:57
Well I am a local, as are many others! Greece Airways is not Electra reborn. It is owned by the same person who owns Air Scotland. It is nothing like Electra at all trust me! The loads are low for this time of year, however they are now improving and indeed the aircraft was full for most of the past few days. The summer is very busy too, up on last year. If you count British Airways, Thomas Cook, Britannia, Air 2000, easyJet, Australian Airlines and Swissair (and more) to be unprofessional, then yes our crews are unprofessional. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Meeb it is you who should do some research before you start mouthing off.

The sooner this scruffy little outfit disapears the better... what an insult...

How dare you. You don't seem to realise that people work here to pay the bills. Your wish to see us all down the job centre beggars belief. I am amazed that a fellow aviation "professional" would wish this on anyone. Air Scotland has it's problems, yes. But so does every airline. However they are learning, and fast. They are getting there and are being very cautious about expanding, but that will come in time. Most importantly they are getting bums on seats. As for the AOC, well now that we are all JAR "friends across europe" does it really matter who's AOC it is? We are regulated by the Hellenic CAA, the UK CAA and ICAO, so no problem there.

So Meeb wind your neck in, get your facts right, and don't ever wish ill on someone else's company. Aviation is so unsteady at the moment none of us are sitting pretty!

Now Meeb I know you have been against Air Scotland from the start, and that is fine, we don't all support the same football team or fancy the same girl (except Kylie :E) but there is no need to drone on about it. Give it a rest eh? I think you have posted on every single Air Scotland thread. Get out there and stop spending your life on the computer slagging us off.
Your posts last year about Electra were correct, and I agreeed with you at the time if you remember? However things have changed beyond belief now, I know it may not look it, but they have.

So now you know, there are Scots at Air Scotland and more joining soon. Can you leave us alone now? Or if you wish to continue having a go at us then send me a private message and I'll give you my number. Then you can call me up, get the latest news at Air Scotland and we can have a proper slagging match. ;) Don't see the point in wasting Danny's bandwidth. Right I'm away now, because I have things to do. I won't get involved in a public slagging match over any of this. All you need to do is look at the "BMI Baby- What a mess" thread to see that it is a waste of time. You have had your say and I have had mine. My offer of a PM and phone call still stands if you want, I think it would be much more productive!
Rant over. (If I was ment to take the bait, then well done. Hook, line and sinker!)

Eff Oh.
PS Cheers Monde and Vim Fuego. :ok:

codpiece face
18th May 2004, 20:23
Could you just remind us all exactly just how many scots are flying up front for greece airways, especially FO's, one maybe ?. Could you just remind us how many scots are flying for greece airways as cabin crew, does one a flight ring a bell. Could you just enlighten us on the ownership of all of these companies, iraqi maybe.

Come on Mr FO give us some more info.

Eff Oh
19th May 2004, 03:18
NO problem.
Four Scots two left seat, two right seat. More on the way, not Scots though, English. Forty Scottish Cabin Crew not all flying at the moment training courses this week. Iraqi owner, been living in Scotland for 27? years. Your point about Iraqi ownership?

codpiece face
19th May 2004, 10:06
No point needed, you are however very touchy.

Eff Oh
19th May 2004, 10:46
Sorry if I appeared touchy. I had just laded after a long night flight and it probably was not the best time to start posting. :zzz: Appologies if there was any implication, didn't mean it to sound the way it did. ;)
Eff Oh.

codpiece face
19th May 2004, 18:48
First off this post is not a personal attack on yourself mr FO, the majority of us would not wish to see anyone out of a job. Whatever happens now a market has been opened up and will be maintained regardless of what airline is flying it, maybe a case of same job different uniform. I do however believe GRE to be unproffesional, I hope this will change with some of the changes that have been or or going to be made again time will tell.