PDA

View Full Version : DHL Crews

skyfox
13th May 2004, 00:32
Can anybody tell me where I can find out who crews DHL aircraft on a worldwide basis.

I work for DHL at night in Sydney and am a Flying instructor and charter pilot by day, and am finding that information on this topic is hard to get a hold of.

Any contact details of aircraft bases throughout the world would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

SF

Flip Flop Flyer
13th May 2004, 08:27
DHL does not operate a central recruiting office for flight crew, simply because there is no single global airline. To name but a few, you have:

European Air Transport - Main EU operator (757/A300)
DHL Air UK - Secondary EU operator (757)
DHL Aero Expresso - The Panamanian outfit (727)
Vensecar - The Venezuelan outfit (ATR)
SNAS - The Bahraini outfit (Convair/Metro)
Swiftair - The Spanish outfit (727/Convair/E120)
Astar - The US outfit (727/A300/DC8)

And so on and so forth. However, if you'll let me know (my PM if you prefer) where in the world you're seeking employment, and on which type, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Daysleeper
13th May 2004, 12:23
DHL Air UK - Secondary EU operator (757)

Secondary ! Boy are you going to get flamed for that FFF. Here let me lend you my old tin hat and flack jacket. :D

And you missed out ABX, they are paranoid enough as it is without being forgotten. :E

I know I know you try to help someone out and you end up slap bang in the middle of a controversy (are you sure your not American!)

Flip Flop Flyer
13th May 2004, 12:41
You're prob right, but I'll take the flames as they come; someone needs to install a bit of reality in the ivory temple over at East Mids from time to time ;) (was tempted to list Swift as secondary, and DHK as "the infant" then thought better of it :E )

Thanks for the helmet and jacket mate.

Deliberately didn't mention ABX "Airline", as they are technically speaking not owned by DHL. Neither is Astar by the way. DHL only owns the ground operations in the US, as by law foreigners are not allowed to own more than 25% of an airline, and the bi-annual lawsuits from the Brown and Purple brigade was getting a bit boring.