PDA

View Full Version : ACA leaving GLA ?

Findo
12th May 2004, 08:23
Maybe I'm out of touch and this has already been announced. A couple of friends who were travelling with ACA this summer from GLA have been told by their travel agents that ACA are "pulling out" of GLA and they have been rebooked through LHR. :(

WHBM
12th May 2004, 08:48
This flight is seasonal. This year it is scheduled for 2 June to 26 September, and not all days in June. When were your friends travelling ?

nef
12th May 2004, 11:38
I think it was orginally scheduled to start at the beginning of May, but they decided to postpone the start of the summer service until June. I think that people who were booked to travel in May have been rebooked via LHR.

It's still bookable on Air Canada's website etc.

They have got a bit of extra competition with Zoom now operating and TCX being daily during July and August, but hopefully there should be enough of a market for all of them.

Findo
12th May 2004, 23:06
They were scheduled to fly in July. One used E Bookers and another used a travel agent. Both companies used the same description that "Air Canada were pulling out of Glasgow" when being rebooked through London. :confused:

nef
13th May 2004, 10:52
That's a bit funny then - Maybe they are pulling out then. Obviously their YYZ-MAN service has been switched to bmi, so maybe they're ditching all their UK regional service and focussing on LHR:confused:

As I mentioned they do have extra competition to YYZ itself, and I guess the new GLA-PHL and EDI-EWR services starting this summer might mean more competition for connecting traffic to the US and Canada.

I know a few people who are booked to use that service to connect on to US destinations this summer - they only picked AC over CO/US/AA cause it was cheapest - they'll be mad if they have to go via LHR:mad: If an airline cancels a route do they only offer rerouting on thier own flights, or do they offer a refund as well?