PDA

View Full Version : AF to Drop CDG from BHX

martinhardy
12th May 2004, 00:35
Hi,

Heard a rumour, that AF are dropping BHX -> CDG.

It will be missed if they do, i used CDG as my connection to internal flights in France.

They should not go, i mean, the 2nd City cant sustain a BHX - CDG connection is madness.

BHX is not having much good news, something needs to happen quick!!!!

Thanks

Martin

World Traveller
12th May 2004, 08:01
Some people believe anything they hear. Sorry, heard, or read?

Suggest you read the FAQs on the source of your information as well.

WT

pilot74
12th May 2004, 08:19
Martinhardy.

All down to the AF take-over of KLM, instead of going through CDG you'll have to go through AMS, or even BHX, AMS, CDG, then on to your final destination- Good luck.
It looks like AF will concentrate on Southern Europe, and KLM the North.
Pilot74

Bre901
12th May 2004, 08:25
martinhardy

It's been announced officially (both CDG<->BHX and CDG<->BRS get dropped)
I posted an article from Le Monde (not exactly what you would call gutter press) on the French Forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?&postid=1326656#post1326656) (in French)

BRUpax
12th May 2004, 08:55
World Traveller (???), instead of being so patronising I suggest you get up to date with what's happening.

Farrell
12th May 2004, 09:11
Eaaaassssy there everyone!

The best way to respond to silly statements is not to respond at all! ;)

BEagle
12th May 2004, 09:36
BHX is getting pretty busy if the number of available slots in Long Term Car Park 1 today is anything to go by!

It is sooooooo much easier than $odding LHR with its rip-off car park prices and shoddy Terminal 2.

Ian Farquharson
12th May 2004, 12:15
Air France are NOT dropping BHX from CDG, the press release on the KLM site is misleading, they are dropping BRS and GLA.

Currently the BHX flight operated by Flybe goes onto the GLA, this sector is being axed NOT BHX-CDG

Ian

World Traveller
12th May 2004, 15:32
BRUPax, I am up to date with what is happening. Ian has posted above what is happening.

My original - and very deliberately patronising - comments still stand.

WT
-so named as I came off a BA long haul just before I joined so the brand was in my head, in case you care.

The SSK
12th May 2004, 15:40
KLM have issued a correction in their internal newsletter this afternoon - sorry, they meant Glasgow not Birmingham

Flightmapping
12th May 2004, 17:29
Surely, however they split the cities they serve, they all need feeder cities to make the onward connections.

KLM have always have the best connections from UK regions, followed by AF. The GLA to CDG via BHX can't be a great loss - it was one route where FR must have been quicker to reach the city centre, and the whole point of connections hubs is surely that they can be reached in one hop?

BA have already pulled out of BHX to AMS, as have Lite (and ditto to BVA). Surely if anyone else was to go on the BHX to PAR route, it would be BA first, as they don't offer much in the way of connections at BHX?

Mark Lewis
12th May 2004, 17:44
BA fly BHX-CDG 4 times daily.

BRUpax
12th May 2004, 20:12
My apologies World Traveller , but the source was an official KLM one - which they have since amended. Forgive me for thinking I could trust an official airline press release. Still didn't require the patronising tone though ;)

World Traveller
12th May 2004, 21:42
BRUPax: my message and sarky tone was not aimed at you! It was aimed at the original post. I am fairly sure Mr Hardy knows what I'm on about even if no one else does (actualy Ian F might...).