PDA

View Full Version : Oxford.....ccat???

geraldn
11th May 2004, 19:43
Hi all,
why is it that OXFORD offer their ATPL resident ground school @26 weeks +exams whereas CCAT offer the same course @ 19 weeks?.The reason i am asking this question is so that i can narrow down my options when it comes to choosing where to do it.Thank u all in advance:confused:

Jinkster
11th May 2004, 22:42
Cabair weeks are very short. I would allow extra time IMHO.

geraldn
12th May 2004, 12:53
thank you jinkster,
any FTO rep on the forum?

Jinkster
12th May 2004, 18:39
Dont know

If you need to ask them anything just send the school and email I am sure they will be more than willing to help you.

:ok:

Bobby Guzzler
14th May 2004, 09:30
Jerry,

I think you'll find it's six of one, half dozen of another. I went to CCAT, I've plenty of friends that went to Oxford - we all came out with the same(ish) grades and it seemed to take similar amounts of time.

As far as employment goes have to say it's pretty much the same too - I think it's more up to the individual when it comes to that first job. Only thing that is different between CCAT and OATS seems to be the price, know what I'd rather pay.

Any other questions then PM me if you wish.

BG. :8

Hufty
14th May 2004, 09:39
Oxford were a good school, although I did distance learning. I can't see how you can really go wrong - if you are surrounded by these guys all day for 26 weeks, you should come out with great grades. I wish I could have done a residential course - I did OK but it would have been much easier doing it full time.

On the recruitment front, if recruiters were to compile a list of the things they were looking for in a new FO I am sure that where you did your groundschool would be very close to the bottom...

Hufty

HandspringGuy
12th Aug 2004, 21:19
I agree with Jinkster.

This estimate is what they refer to as 'the bare minimum'
That is assuming that you have a PPL with hours already notched up; are above average intelligence; that the man upstairs is kind with the weather and that none of the aircraft ever go tech.

Draw your own conclusions. IMHO I would say, assume 18 months and anything less is a bonus.:hmm: