DIRECTTANGODELTA
11th May 2004, 18:33
To my knowledge there are 2 A320s based in the UK this year and these are

C-GTDK at LBA

C-GTDL at EMA

Is this correct,or are more lurking out there? :8 :8 :8

Tom the Tenor
11th May 2004, 18:49
One A320 is also based in Cork and does the ORK & SNN First Choice summer series. Very smart she looks in the FCA colours. Sorry, have not noticed the reg. There is also a Skyservice van with a UK reg around for the engineers use on the ramp. :)

Hial Flyer
11th May 2004, 19:06
C-FTDF is based at GLA operating for MYT

MARTINBFS
11th May 2004, 20:25
Another Skyservice A320 is based at Belfast International operatng for Falcon Holidays and JWT. It will be based from May to October, reg is C-GJUQ

Approach_plate
11th May 2004, 20:46
C-FTDF is based at GLA operating for MYT

This aircraft was based at CWL last summer and nearly went off the runway. The aircraft was on approach to Cardiff when the aircraft approach status was downgraded to "CAT III Single". The flight crew noticed the ECAM WHEEL page showed "Steering" in amber, indicating a fault. The crew recycled the Anti-Skid/Nosewheel Steering switch Off and On and indications on the ECAM WHEEL page returned to normal. The approach status was upgraded to "CAT III Dual".
On touchdown, idle reverse was selected due to noise abatement considerations. When loss of braking was identified, maximum reverse was selected. The captain called for Anti-skid/Nosewheel Steering switch to be recycled, but normal braking was not restored. The captain requested the switch be selected off to allow for alternate braking pressure from the accumulator. Brakes were applied to stop aircraft on the remaining runway, resulting in the failure of three main wheel tires.
There was no anti-skid protection with the switch selected to the OFF position. The captain advised the cabin crew to remain at their stations, notified the tower, and requested emergency vehicles. Emergency services examined the wheels and reported to the crew that there was no need for evacuation. Steps and transportation to the terminal were provided and all passengers deplaned through normal exits. There were no injuries.
It would have been a different story had the runway been wet as tha aircraft came to a halt about 10m from the end of the runway and anyone who knows Cardiff will know that at the end of both runways the ground slopes down onto two main roads.

737James
12th May 2004, 02:39
Im off on holiday to Cyprus in a few weeks with FCA out of Luton last year it was a Skyservice aircraft the flightdeck crew were so polite shaking pax hands on disembarkation and wishing them pleasant holidays C-GTDH was the aircraft i think not 100% though. i just wondered if anybody know which aircraft is based at LTN at present operating for First Choice is it one of there own or a Skyservice aircraft.:O

DOOBIE
12th May 2004, 03:13
It's one of their own aeroplanes this year. Currently the very new and very shiny GOOAX.

Pembo330
12th May 2004, 07:12
Our first year without one at Teesside in a long while. :{

DUBXH
8th Jun 2004, 23:22
FCA and SSV have the great initative for the wet leasing Aircraft and give it all to the Paddy's

Ex C3/AMM A/C G-OOOC now C-FTDV which buried us here every bloody day in DUB last year will be serving YYZ-DUB-TLV/RIX and a few others...

DH/UQ - 320's and BB - 757 are actually FCA Aircraft on Wet Lease to SSV for the duration of the Canadian programme...

Working quite closely with the DUB FCA outfit I find YYZ quite frustrating to deal with...

MAN plot the PLOGS and send them off to YYZ for filing.... YYZ check em over and edit if they wish and then file them...

Problem being? I met an SSV OPS controller who couldnt realaise that FAO and PMI were of a different Country and yes it did matter if the PLOGS reflected this...
Anyway bitching over..