PDA

View Full Version : Pregrad. Av. Management Universities?

willywick
11th May 2004, 11:50
Hey All,

I'm currently looking at universities to apply to right now, mainly in the UK but also open to any other countries.

Would anyone have any tips about courses related to Aviation Management /Air Transport Management,etc...

I've seen there are quite a lot of univerisites offering such a degree (London Met(Guildhall), Loughborough, City U., Thames Valley, Buckhamshire, etc...).

Anybody study or lecture there and have any comments to point out.

Cheers,
WW

glider12000
12th May 2004, 13:53
i`m on the Leeds University course which is Aviation Technology with Pilot studies, but we have a parallel management course as well.

worth a look and any questions then free free to get in contact

steve

www.leeds.ac.uk

P51 mustang
12th May 2004, 15:38
I'm also looking around at universities offering aviation management courses, but I hope to follow the pilot route. The first year's the same irrespective of whether you want to be a pilot or go into aviation management. For me though I think that it's a good idea to have some other qualification other than just an ATPL. I hope you find what you're looking for

glider12000
12th May 2004, 15:44
well with me being at Leeds Uni i gain a BSc in the subject plus a PPL at a reduced rate.

there is talk of them offering a MSc which will comprise of the ATPL groundschool.

But we`ll see in due course.

Master Yoda
13th May 2004, 13:17
If you go London Metro then the PPL and ATPL ground school form part of the degree so you get qualified in Aviation Management and licenced to CPL level at the same time. But you gotta pay the exam entry and flying yourself.

Still, you save about £2500 for the ATPL part.

glider12000
14th May 2004, 10:52
i`m at leds and the first year for a=the pilots and the management students are the same, so i can be of some use if need be.