PDA

View Full Version : Bournmouth Commercial Flight Training Centre

ecosystem_repair_man
8th May 2004, 15:09
I am thinking of starting my PPL (and eventually my commercial training) with the above FTO. Can anybody supply testimonials?

Many thanks

trainer too 2
8th May 2004, 19:57
If that is the good ol' Bournemouth flying club errr Cabair errr BCFT??? Is ok, maybe going up the road to salisbury if you just want a ppl? They are not bad but not exciting either.. Good luck!

Send Clowns
10th May 2004, 11:59
I feel I have to point out that we have nothing to do with Cabair! The company was owned by Cabair, when it was just plain Bournemouth Flying Club, but was bought, run for a while as a club offering commercial training and when a gap came up in the market set up a groundschool (which is where I come in) and started to market the school as Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training, so as to sound more professional, trying to match the image with what people now expect. Thus we have changed quite a bit since then. I do like to distance us from Cabair, especially as they have an organisation on the airfield as well, that attracts certain comment.

Obviously Eco you should take any recommendation of mine with a pinch of salt, so I will only refer you to another thread where we are mentioned (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129289) and recommend you do a search. I don't recall any negative comment about us at all here, so am very happy to suggest the search.