PDA

View Full Version : air asia cadet pilot

rexa210
6th May 2004, 20:07
is there anyone who had apply for the cadet pilot programme has been called for the interview?

FLYbyWIT
6th May 2004, 20:14
I have been given a opportunity to take up a position with this airline, but am still awaiting to finalise details and decide if I really want a move as far as this for my jet break. As your already from malaysia could you fill me in on what its like to live especially for a pasty european like myself, costly??? PM me if you have any further questions. I beleive its for the kuala lumpur base and pay is awful but more flying then most can handle.

cressidom
7th May 2004, 11:24
Can't say much about AA..seems to be growing..REXA ??how long have you been there ? Chin still the BIG BOSS ?

FLYbyWIT. KL ..is a nice metropolitan..nice selection of Food(varities) nice selection of accomodation..nice selection of chikies too.. :) Dun know what kind of package you're getting..but if it's to build time...go ahead.

cheers

fhchiang
13th Jun 2004, 04:06
air asia taking in cadets??

where can i get more info about this program?

thank you

flystudent
14th Jun 2004, 10:51
last I heard on this is that it's

you pay £20,000 GBP and in return you get

line training/type rating
2.5 Year contract 737 based out of Kuala Lumpur.
£12,000 per annum 'ish

Selection:
Sim check
psychometric tests
Chat with psychologist

From what I hear £12,000 will go a long way over there but like pi$$ing in the wind for paying down any UK loan you got for your training...... jump to section 67585 bankruptcy thread !!

Friend of mine got in via Parc in Dublin

via parc in Dublin link (http://www.parcaviation.aero/)

Global Pilot
14th Jun 2004, 11:36
Fly Student,

I think the original question was seeking info on AA cadet pilot program. The recent intake via Parc was for the First Officer Program. AA are also running a cadet program for ab-inito to F/O.

Figures provided by Parc are €27,500Euro for type rating. Pay is $24,000USD pa.

flystudent
14th Jun 2004, 16:32
apologies

Flystudent

jebat
23rd Jun 2004, 13:16
I have been short listed for the first stage. Total there's 4 stage. One thing about this programme is there's no allowance during training, :\ :mad: :mad: , how do they expect us to get through the program? We could be so worried about money and get distracted from studies, at least i would sigh....

FLYbyWIT
23rd Jun 2004, 16:23
Me thinks your getting two different schemes mixed up jebat.But good luck with what your up too.

Global Pilot
24th Jun 2004, 05:41
FlybyWit "Me thinks your getting two different schemes mixed up jebat.But good luck with what your up too."

There seems to be some confusion between two different schemes that AirAsia are promoting. They are currently offering:
1. Cadet Pilot Scheme for ab-inito to f/o and
2. First Officer Scheme for ready to gos with F(ATPL)/IR.

The first scheme is being recruited locally and I believe they currently have started the first course. The second scheme is being actively recruited overseas.

Jebat's post is in the correct thread in that the original question was refering to the cadet scheme. Information regarding this scheme is available directly from the company and I believe is only open to Malay nationals or at least people with the right to live and work there.

Jebat, this is a low cost airline and it is becoming the norm for no allowance to be paid to cadets during training. This is the reality of a changing industry. While I don't necessarily aggree that this is a good thing, it is the way things are and if you decide that it is not for you then someone else will take your place. Employers are well aware that this is the case and feed from our need to fly for a living.

jebat
24th Jun 2004, 06:37
Actually I just want to be a pilot. To fly is my dream. I could live by no allowance because in flight school they give u hostel and food, it's just that I was hoping a small allowance so that I could have extra money to travel back to my home that's all. :)

Global Pilot
24th Jun 2004, 07:21
Hi Jebat,

Please check your private messages.

chrislikesblue
24th Jun 2004, 12:56
I sent cv to them but no reply as usual.Anybody can tell me how long after the application did he/she receive a reply?
Is it better to apply directly to them or through an agency?

landslyde81
18th Feb 2005, 15:13
G'day folks...

Does Airasia still have intakes for the cadet pilot program? haven't seen an opening in the website for a long time...but no harm applying i guess...

You guys mentioned that there are 4 stages in the selection process?

Anyone kind enough to elaborate on this?

Thanks.

berserker
18th Feb 2005, 22:12
The last thing i heard is that the cadet deal is on hold for now. Latest news is that AA are buying some a320`s in near future. So hard to tell when things are going to happen again.

Touch'n'oops
20th Feb 2005, 16:31
AirAsia HAS bought the 40 A320s with 40 options.

Malaysians are only allowed to apply for the cadet scheme.

Pilots holding a license other than a Malaysian commercial will be expected to convert to their license after 12 months. This is because this is the maximum amount of time a pilot can fly on a vaildation of his/hers foreign license.

pendekar
21st Feb 2005, 02:53
Dear all,

Just wondering if you have any news on whether airasia are recruiting for cadets? The website has vacancies for pilots with ATPL only. Has there been a recent newspaper ad?

Thanks in advance!

akiator
23rd Feb 2005, 01:44
The cadet pilot selection has 4 stages which is

1.You sit for Physics, Math, English and IQ test. (Notes Provided)
2.Coordination and personality test (Play simulator program)
3.Interview with the board of selection
4.Medical check-up

Hope this info will do some help. I will be sitting for the 1st stage on the 5th of March 2005.

I've been reading a lot of PPrune forums and this is my first posting. I am one of those wannabe. I went for SIA cadet selection last year and was sent back just before medical. I have went through everything, computer test, essay, tea party, final interview, presentations, group games all of it. It was a very frustrating moment. I hope this will be it coz I've been chasing this thing for almost ten years.

Wish me luck fellow aviators!!!!

If anybody want to share my experience please you are most welcome.

zapata
24th Feb 2005, 12:13
hi folks...thanks for the feedback... ;)

do u guys hav any idea on the type of questions asked for physics and maths?

english is paper 1 spm...so should be essay i guess...

Mister Geezer
24th Feb 2005, 18:39
Heard that there were a few 'westerners' that were fired/chopped/made redundant due to the recent 'tsunami'...if you can use such an excuse! Sounds just like when airlines used 9/11 as the excuse to make the cutbacks that the bean counters only ever dreamed of.

I saw a copy of a contract that was being offered to the Western low hours guys and the pay and conditions were dire! Think I stopped reading when I saw the paragraph stating that there will be two crew members to a hotel room when night stopping. No mixing of males and females either!! ;)

Little Miss
26th Feb 2005, 19:50
Mister Geezer what makes you say that?

Do you mean Air Asia were letting people go with that excuse?

Mister Geezer
27th Feb 2005, 00:46
Yes, fraid so! Of course there could be more than meets the eye but that is the story that I was told.

I don't know if the industry has taken a hammering in South East Asia due to the recent events. Is Air Asia still doing as well as it was before Christmas 2004? Can you give us a insight Little Miss?

Touch'n'oops
28th Feb 2005, 12:49
Oi!!!! Geezer!!!!

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH YOU TALK!!!!!!

I am sure your 'informer' is NOT working for AirAsia or is completely full of it!!!

So next time be a tad honest and just say this what you heard!!!!

This IS a RUMOR network, but it is definitely NOT meant to be a Bullsh*tting one!!!!!

There is a multitude of different agreements for foreigners. Many here are part of the EagleJet program and therefore do not have contracts with AirAsia. Those who do have contracts with AirAsia are on exactly the same conditions as the locals.

AirAsia will now no longer except EagleJet pilots as the government will not give them security clearance.
There has been a lot of pressure to employ more of the low houred locals, which I think is fair enough. But, many low houred pilots are not cutting it (As I have heard). e.g. Many requiring extra training.

Little Miss
28th Feb 2005, 17:39
Thanks Touch.

I didn't want rumours that Air Asia pilots were being sacked as that is not the case.

Mister Geezer
4th Mar 2005, 00:05
Well I know one that was sent packing - draw your own conclusions!

Little Miss
5th Mar 2005, 21:44
Really? I haven t heard of anyone and they do need pilots so I can't imagine them getting rid of one.

harpreet
23rd Feb 2006, 05:33
hi...im in urgent need of info regarding recruting with air asia...or mas ....
why is the damn waiting list so long?

another thing ..im currently doing my ppl privately...how do i get funding to do my cpl...its so damn expensive...

lost lost lost