PDA

View Full Version : Flight International Ads....

BritishGuy
6th May 2004, 07:56
Was wondering.....has anyone ever put one of those personal (no not that kinda 'personal'!) ads in Flight International and ever had a call and been hired as a result.

I'm thinking more the corporate kinda thing eg:

John Smith
4000TT, 200 Turbine
HS-125/Gulstream V rated
Looking for position worldwide.

Thats the kinda ads I've seen sometimes (and boy do I wish those were my true credentials!) I was wondering if they work. Long story short. I'm an FAA Brit. Got the Green Card don't wanna do the JAA (past 13 last time and failed one on the last attempt). So please, I don't want to be told to do them again (though it would be smart) but was wondering if I can get snapped up on the N-reg corporate thing in the UK. I have a 1000 hours, 100 multi - the Yanks aren't too hot on folks who are just 'Green Carders' these days....Citizen only here please! Thats whats keeping me out of the market!

sixmilehighclub
12th May 2004, 18:07
If the same ad appears two editions running, it doesnt work.
On the other hand if it appears for only one week, maybe the advertiser can only afford to run it for one week?? Hmmm. Sorry, I am as helpful as a chocolate teapot here.

If there is an edition of flight with an ad from someone offereing their services (ahem!) then maybe contact them direct to see how their response was??

BritishGuy
12th May 2004, 18:27
Yeah I might just do that. Problem is I used to see loads to them back in the day, but I don't think I've come across too many of thiem now....maybe I've answered the question myself!!

Thanks for the help anyway!!

eagerbeaver
12th May 2004, 19:41
it is extremely expensive to advertise in that magazine, prices start at about £250 for one edition. Perhaps they done their bollox and thought better of it. Who knows?

Baron Von Mildred
12th May 2004, 22:39
I have advertised a couple of times, but not for several years. I seem to remember it was in the region of £70 (then). I did get some enquiries, but all inappropriate (do you have BAC1-11?) or other pilots asking if it worked! I got one hoax who obviously thought it was very funny to waste my day getting me to meet him for an interview and sitting like a lemon waiting for him.

JoeCo
13th May 2004, 13:40
Climbto350.com just had an add for an FAA British Guy (Pun intended) ;-) Looks like they want 2000 TT and 500 Jet, but it's probably worth a look. Let me know if it helps.

Joe