PDA

View Full Version : Metro3 rates of pay,for nogotiations...

oldebloke
2nd May 2004, 17:41
A west coast Co' about to review rates o'pay for the Metro3 Pax/freight would apreciate Industry figures for Canadian operators(perimeter etc)..
Any info gratefully recieved..
Cheers....:confused:

planett
6th May 2004, 07:13
I'll probably get flamed for this but I believe rates of pay should be based on the experience, relevant eductation, potential productivity, working environment, and responsibility of the crew, not just what the market determines, because that sometimes can be a negative number.

I know from experience that Metro II pay can be as low as the high teens for F/O's to about 80K for seasoned and lucky captains. Metro III pay should reflect the kinds of responsibilities that crews face and the experience levels that crews are expected to have.

Crews flying about 85 hours a month should be at least 25,000 a year for F/O's and mid 50's for captains. The operating economics of Metros in general are better than other similarly sized aircraft with similar performance. This means there should be extra profit compared to competition, and fewer reasons to pay below industry standard.

Cargo operations are unique in that they have crews on long trip periods or duty days but relatively low monthly hours, other pay schemes must be considered so that crews can expect reasonable compensation. ( Most medevacs pay well for long on call times so cargo operations should recognize this hardship.)

Any other operational considerations like northern/gravel, freight/cofiguration changing and high experience requirements should push the wage higher.

Good luck,
planett

oldebloke
6th May 2004, 07:48
Thanks for the info.And for pointing out the working difference for the Medivac's standby.Right now the Medivac KingAir guys are being paid quite a bit higher than the M3 guys(higher gross wt/more hours)...Cheers:O

hibypassratio
6th May 2004, 14:52
Hi Oldbloke. Are you AKA "Oldtimer" on Avcanada?

Cheers, Hibypassratio (AKA "Loopy").;)

oldebloke
7th May 2004, 00:03
No, too old even for EU(65) jobs,but send me in coach I'm warm....:O