PDA

View Full Version : IR left to do...Would you apply for a job??

RowleyUK
1st May 2004, 19:16
As the title says.......Would you submit your CV's before you finished the training??

The reason I ask is because a pilot has asked for my CV but i have neglected to tell him that i havent got an IR yet!!:oh:

Tee
1st May 2004, 19:31
I won't be submitting CVs until I've completed the training, including the MCC course.

I'd prefer to sell myself to a potential employer as someone who could start immediately, than put myself forward for consideration and then have to explain that I, errrr, wasn't exactly fully qualified, available or whatever.

Keep that contact sweet meantime!

scroggs
2nd May 2004, 15:48
How long's it going to take your to get your IR sorted? If you're just about to start the course and can reasonably expect to have the IR within a month or so, go ahead and get your CV in. If you're not booked to start the course for a good while, then don't waste their time!

Most employers are prepared for a bout a three month lead time in getting new employees. Sure, occasionally opportunities arise for those who can start tomorrow, but they are the exception rather than the rule. I would say it's time to start getting your CV exposed to that big, bad world.

Good luck

Scroggs

witchdoctor
2nd May 2004, 20:54
No harm done - if you don't ask, you won't get.

However, don't be surprised if you find that companies use your lack of the IR to filter you out at the first stage, before they even get to the minimum hours/type rating/age/location/training school biases and restrictions.

Phil Brockwell
4th May 2004, 15:19
I can only speak personally, but cutting down CV numbers to a useable number is harsh, and I only need half an excuse to throw them in the bin, any employer has a bare minimum they require, I sincerely doubt anyone has the time to put your CV to one side as a future potential. I would wait till you have all your qualifications lined up.

Phil