PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Europe

scar1900
1st May 2004, 13:21
I was wondering if anyone knew about the process involved with converting FAA liscences to JAA liscences. I am currently a ERJ-145 FO in America with dual nationality (USA and Italy) and was hoping to find an airline job in Italy or somewhere else in Europe. If anyone knows the porcess or places to look for pilot jobs in Europe it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I appologize if this question has been asked plenty of times before but I'm new to the forum.

bigbeerbelly
2nd May 2004, 14:54
Scar 1900, I am in a very similar situation as you. I am German/American with FAA ratings typed on the CRJ. You are correct that most of the questions have been asked before. Try doing a search. From what I have gathered, you really need to get in contact with a JAA approved flight school and let them determine what the quickest route is for you. I learned a lot about the process by researching the German LBA (similar to FAA) website. You may try the same thing with Italy. The only thing I have done so far is get my radio station license recognised, pretty pathetic I know. Cost is my biggest concern...do I really want to invest 3-4 thousand dollars into transferring my license. If you don't have a lot of multi-crew PIC in JAR 25 aircraft it may cost more. Good luck

BBB