PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet No Insurance

the spy
1st May 2004, 06:33
EasyJet this morning have only just realized that there insurance had run out @midnight on 30th Apr,Thus grounding all hole of the fleet except for the swiss fleet.

Take it that they hadnt been quoted happy.

IB4138
1st May 2004, 06:46
I note this is a first post from "the spy".

easyJet's web site indicates that all birds are flying!

Is this more mischief?:suspect:

Optical Illyushin
1st May 2004, 06:52
Never woulda contemplated getting me "hole" insured...... Come to think of it I only got one and it's under some risk - regularly!! ;)

LTNman
1st May 2004, 07:00
Just another orange day here at LTN:cool:

Chef
1st May 2004, 08:06
Can Cnfm that the birds are just starting to go, they were held for the slot ones, talk is that is was insurance problems

Chef

simonwa
1st May 2004, 08:34
Good start for the new NCL to SXF route!- delayed on its first day of operation!!! Not the best start for a new route by easyjet.

Whippersnapper
1st May 2004, 09:42
That's even worse than the week of sub-chartering between x-mas and new year (a couple of years ago) because they cancelled the de-icing contract to make the book figures better for the flotation (mgr responsible for that was promoted to director!).

CAP54
1st May 2004, 09:46
Whippersnapper, you're talking :mad: again!!!!

LTNman
1st May 2004, 10:30
I take it all back it is true. Easyjet are now starting to cancel flights at Luton and are telling passengers that the flights are being cancelled due to document problems with the aircraft.

andyb79
1st May 2004, 10:34
Easyjet claim the problem is due to the documents not being on the A/C.

easyJet has experienced disruption to a number of flights this morning due to an insurance documentation issue. All easyJet aircraft are fully insured, however, due an administrative error a number of insurance documents have not been placed on the relevant aircraft.

MerchantVenturer
1st May 2004, 11:16
I've just checked the Bristol Airport website departures board and they are showing two EZY flights cancelled today - EZY 6147 to CPH at 1335 and EZY 570 to NCL at 1745.

The strange thing is that all the six based BRS EZY a/c are shown as having left on their first rotations of the day this morning, albeit the flight to AMS was a couple of hours late leaving.

The cancelled CPH flight would be operated by a BRS-based aircraft so, unless it has been cancelled for other reasons, it seems odd that the scheduled a/c has already flown today. The NCL flight is operated by a NCL-based a/c.

Doubtless the local press will have a field day (Bristol may not have good football teams but Bristolians are European champions when it comes to whinging about anything), so it's a good thing for the airline and airport that Monday is a bank holiday.

Whippersnapper
1st May 2004, 11:37
Cap54: not rubbish, I remember it well! The Reeds deicing contract was not renewed, leaving the LTN fleet inoperable for several days. The massive sub-chartering effort lasted nearly a week. It was even on the national news networks, so don't accuse me of making it up.

ghost-rider
1st May 2004, 12:29
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/news/20040501_02.html

witchdoctor
1st May 2004, 12:32
Unfortunate turn of events, and flight deck crews understandably reluctant to go until the matter resolved. Apparently some arm-twisting going on behind the scenes led to some crews departing before any written confirmation through that the matter was in hand.

Can't have been fun for the STN pax on stand for almost 2 hours sat in the a/c, but I suspect I know who would get the kick in the n#ts if the CAA had ramp checked the a/c (and it wouldn't be an administrator). Sensible choice guys - hope the management see it that way too.;)

LTNman
1st May 2004, 12:36
Going back to the subject of de-iceing, Reeds having only one operational de-icer caused the de-icing problems at Luton. As Reeds were then the only company with de-icer rigs if you wanted to fly you had to use Reeds regardless of who the handling agent was.

I could foresee trouble ahead and warned airport management of what was going to happen at one the passenger services subcommittee meetings in October when the airport was left with only one rig after a breakdown in light frost but they said de-icing was an issue for airlines and handling agents and not them. I was amazed that no one else could see the writing on the wall. After that easyjet bought their own de-icers and said goodbye to Reeds.

Departures Beckham
1st May 2004, 15:49
Luckily for EZY it all happened on a saturday when we have the early morning (04:10z) departure to ALC out of STN. This gave them an hour headstart compared to what they would have had on a weekday.

Merchant: Perhaps the crew had not noticed the expiry on their first sector, which would have explained them flying the first leg.