PDA

View Full Version : Air-Scotland short of craft ??

stanley37uk
30th Apr 2004, 12:23
Heard they were unable to charter second aircraft " for tech reasons " . Anyone know more or is it a cash problem . Schedules reaaranged yet again . At least they seemed reliable during the winter .

Localiser Green
30th Apr 2004, 13:24
I thought they were taking G-OOOS (presently stored at BOH) as the second 757?

expedite_climb
30th Apr 2004, 13:47
They've been using a TCX 757 for the winter. This aircraft should be (if it hasnt already) returning to TCX for the summer. Perhaps this is why they are short ?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
30th Apr 2004, 14:07
Experdite

Yes the aircraft was return to TCX at Manchester yesterday

They could use the AV8 B757 it`s sat around doing nothing except for its check flights

Golf India Bravo

monkey lover
30th Apr 2004, 14:43
RE : AV8 757, they couldnt use it because AV8 didnt achieve their AOC, and Im sure Air Scotland hasnt one either...

Eff Oh
30th Apr 2004, 14:47
G-OOOS is now SX-BLW and in service. The TCX a/c (SX-BLV or G-JMCG) is now back with TCX following the end of the lease. -BLW has been leased from GECAS for 2 years. I believe the cancellations arose from having a 2 a/c summer programme but being unable to find a second suitable B757. Second a/c should arrive in the next few months. :ok:
Eff Oh.

Caledonian
30th Apr 2004, 18:51
I want this company to succeed by my god they made a complete arse of the change over of aircraft on Thursday and please do they have to play up the fact that they are using greece airways's AOC by splashing "Operated by Greece Airways" on the side of the aeroplane in huge writing it is most unprofessional but like l say l hope they succeed l think this summer with globespan having a major expansion at PF and PH will have a telling on Air Scotland

Eff Oh
30th Apr 2004, 20:21
The arse up was caused by engineering issuses in BOH before the aircraft was accepted. The maintainence company also released the aircraft late. As for the Greece Airways thing, well Greece Airways and Air Scotland are owned by the same people (in Glasgow). So advertising both could hardly be seen as unprofessional?? I hope it works too. I also hope Globespan is a success, I believe there is a sufficient market for both to operate in. Any competition is healthy for the other side. It is also good news for Scots, not having to pay stupid subsidies to fly from GLA and EDI!!! Roll on the summer. ;)

master slug
30th Apr 2004, 21:29
757 outside the hanger MAN in air scotland colours today.

looked like it was going in Maint Hanger.