PDA

View Full Version : Alitalia strike

Flap Sup
30th Apr 2004, 06:30
Hi,

I'm just trying to understand why Alitalia staff chose to go on a strike, when their company is in such a bad state that a bancrupcy could be close. Are they trying the SABENA "solution"?
from http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/04/1083269732.html
"We will go on protesting until either the government or Alitalia do something about this situation," said striking employee, Raffaello Biselli versus
Carlo Giovanardi, the Minister for Parliamentary Relations, told reporters on Thursday that the cabinet had been shown a letter from the EU Commission threatening Rome with legal action if it tried to put cash into Alitalia
Deadlock?

/FS

Akktu Stakki
30th Apr 2004, 07:20
:O
I was booked on AZ from CPH to FCO yesterday.
The flight was cancelled and then re-instated, now operated by a British Airways ATP operated by a franchiser, SUN-AIR.
I can tell you the flighttime was almost 4 hours, but the service was the best I ever.
A lot of good food, ice cream, free drinks and a very service minded crew.
So watch out Alitalia, BA is out there!

KingArthur
30th Apr 2004, 07:39
They are going on strike because as usual they want to squeeze the frontline (pilots C/C and airport ground staff) and leave the shirk brigade in the offices (highest rate per A/C in civil aviation) untouched. Almost any politician in Italy has one or more relatives parked there.