View Full Version : Experiencd QFI for summer w/e

walkingthewalk
29th Apr 2004, 07:55
Anyone know of any openings for an experienced UK CPL/QFI
(IR restriction).

East Anglia preferred.

BEagle
29th Apr 2004, 18:26
With Coltishall's days seemingly numbered, perhaps Marham? Unless you can get a UAS posting to Wyton...??

Or do you mean a civil FI job, rather than a QFI posting? Because there are no such things as civil QFIs - see LASORS!;)

TheSilverFox
29th Apr 2004, 22:12
Hi Beagle.

I see that you're being as helpful as ever!

BEagle
30th Apr 2004, 07:01
You do know what a ;) is, don't you foxy?

walkingthewalk
30th Apr 2004, 07:22
TheSilverFox: Don't you worry, I can cope with BEagle's response ;)

Anyway, thanks for the pointers. I specified "QFI" on purpose in a vain attempt to indicate that I am an "older" instructor........there we are; it back-fired very nicely ?!?!

Wyton is just "up the road" but with only a background in the Air Training Core, I will probably only get as far as the guard room :cool:

foxmoth
30th Apr 2004, 09:12
Perhaps Beagle can explain what the Q in QFI stands for and why as Civvy Instructors we arn't?:rolleyes:

BEagle
30th Apr 2004, 09:28
See LASORS Appendix A to Section A pages 1, 3 and 6:

AFI - Assistant Flying Instructor
FI - Flight Instructor
FI(R) - Flight Instructor (Restricted)
FIC - Flight Instructor Course
FIE - Flight Instructor Examiner
QFI - Qualified Flying Instructor (Military)
QSP(A) - Qualified Service Pilot (Aeroplanes)

walkingthewalk
30th Apr 2004, 09:44
Ahem, I'm not sure how to put this but:

"Oi !" all that I wanted was to ask about any summer instructing
positions. I really didn't know that it was going to be one of those "let's get picky" days. Yes, I admit it that there are no longer any QFI ratings - they are now known as FIs. Now can we drop it please ? :rolleyes:

tonker
1st May 2004, 17:07
Try Swansea!

Up until a few days ago i was lined up for the summer at Swansea but something nearer to home has arrisen fnnaaar

Good people, cheap living, women even cheaper and cracking countryside.

Good luck if it doesn't suit and sorry about the borrish nature of the people above, with let's just say a little too much time on their hands.

Anyway off to Canada next week to see about work their as an instructor, so i'll keep you informed unless i'm eaten by a Bear,Wolf or run over by a Moose!. East Anglia it aint but very nice it is.

Regards Tonker

ps Borrish people please don't comment on working in Canada, i don't sit on the bog reading LASORS but i've been before and know the score.