PDA

View Full Version : Cabair

c152pilot
28th Apr 2004, 13:02
Hi,

I am hoping to start at cabair, on the full time course soon, but i have a question about the day to day life. I understand that the groundschool is from 8.30 - 5, for 8 weeks, but how hard does it get? also what is the accommodation like there, and how much free time do you get?

thanks

Bobby Guzzler
29th Apr 2004, 17:54
Mr c152 man,

I'm a graduate of the great place they call CCAT. You can basically work as hard as you like - it's up to you at the end of the day! What I will say though is that it will reflect in your final results. Had a few guys there who only seemed to be present because mum and dad thought it would be a good career for them. They didn't work hard and are probably still there now (2+ years on). And us that did actually want to work hard are flying for airlines.

Cranfield itself, now then. Spend as little time in the place as possible! Place will drive you mad if you don't get away from it (especially in the dark and lonely groundschool nights). Have fun, the place has done many (including me) proud. And Paul Hardie is great (despite what the other thread says - those were the lazy gits who he didn't like).

springbok449
30th Apr 2004, 08:27
As above, do as much or as little work as you wish but it will reflect in the final results unless you are super brainy...
I stayed at Lanchester which was self-catered as the food at Mitchell was shocking (deep fired lasagne!)
I actually enjoyed Cranfield as we were a good bunch and going drinking at the social club however the odd night at the foam party in MK did us no arm...
Just enjoy it, work hard and party hard.
Good luck.

craig1975
30th Apr 2004, 12:03
Are you all integrated or modular. Does anyone have any comments on CCAT's modular courses?

c152pilot
30th Apr 2004, 12:07
i will be on the full time course

springbok449
30th Apr 2004, 17:50
I was on the integrated course however had a few friends on the modular and they seemed to have no complaints...at that time.

Island Hopper
5th May 2004, 11:08
You can basically work as hard as you like - it's up to you at the end of the day!

I think this is true of the majority of schools, not just Cabair.

IH