View Full Version : Job Help

vetflyer
28th Apr 2004, 12:51
Just canvassing for ideas on this.

Would my chances of empolyment improve if:

1) Do MCC crse

2) Type rating

3) keep IR current

4) Work FI fulltime instead of part time ( this would remove funding from above choices)

Can you rank the benefits

I don't expect to get a rhs on 737 or 757 as too old and low houred but aiming at the lower end of market (Shed or Caravan)

Please lets not start the old threads on these subjects. Basically I looking for best return per £100 spent.

Background 400 hrs fATPL

Ta

aces low
28th Apr 2004, 14:43
If anybody tells you they know the answer to this question...don't believe them. There is no one right answer.

ps I forgot to mention

1000+hrs CPL/IR MCC FI with IMC/NIGHT

vetflyer
28th Apr 2004, 14:58
ok simplify the question :
value of paying for a Shed type rating ( for example)

Mack Buffet
1st May 2004, 09:31
You don't say whether you're an integrated or modular grad, so I'm going to assume the latter.

Just personally..

Fulltime FI - depends on how much flying you're doing now. If you need to get to 1000hrs asap may be worth it. If happy to accrue more slowly, stick p/t. When I started I did 4 days instructing, 3 days at a regular job. God I was knackered, but would do the same thing again.

Keep IR Current - definitely, unless you're really in a financial pickle (see above)

MCC - definitely, but at the right time, unless you're in with an airline that does their own. Even so, MCC was one of the best courses I've ever done in any profession. Loved it.

Type Rating - not unless you have a good inkling that doing so will make a particular operator notice you. If not it's a gamble. Sods law dictates your first job will pop up on a different aircraft anyway. I've just been offered a position and it's on the third different aircraft type from what I expected to fly when I went through the selection procedure. (i.e expected to end up on type A, got offered type B, situation got complicated, ended up being offered type C).

If you want the experience, grab another FI, fly once a month in a twin and just practice the ILS with the gear up @160kts !!

In summary, my priorities would be to get 1000hrs, and keep IR current, think about the rest later.

experience similar to aces low.