PDA

View Full Version : Lost 747SP D6-OZX

Hay Ewe
28th Apr 2004, 07:29
Wondering if anybody knows the where abouts of this airplane.

It was parked at the Garuda Maintenance facility for a fair while and rumour is that it recently headed for South Africa.

Its registration was D6-OZX and was white with Global Air on the sides.

Any news?

Hay Ewe

Notso Fantastic
28th Apr 2004, 07:35
I'm curious. Were you being intentionally dramatic using a headline like "Lost.....aeroplane such and such" in a section like an aviation Rumours and News website, or was it simply and purely thoughtlessness? And was it more thoughtlessness that made you put it in Rumours and News (which it isn't) rather than, say, QUESTIONS? So why not resubmit it with a slightly more thoughtful headline like 'Searching for...." and in the right section?

Dumbledore
28th Apr 2004, 07:55
Gee Notso Fantastic, are you on PMS or what? Poor Hay Ewe asks a question and you go balistic. When's the last time you got laid?

There is an airline about to start up in France called Global Air. Rumor has it that there were looking for a couple of heavy a/c like old DC10's but might have gone the Boeing way. They're planning pax and cargo out of De Gaulle. If I hear more I'll post.

Be good,

Dumbledore

SLFguy
28th Apr 2004, 08:23
er....if you think that Notso was going 'ballistic' I suggest you steer clear of the Jet Blast forum!

I actually agree with Notso and think it was a politely worded 'nudge' towards the correct forum.

cringe
28th Apr 2004, 08:58
Global Air that once owned/operated D6-OZX was an Australian charter airline.

http://www.747sp.com/22302.html

Dumbledore
28th Apr 2004, 09:36
I stand corrected: The name of that French startup is going to be Global Airlines.

As far as that SP is concerned I'm still looking for the answer.

And don't let these PMS guys get to you Hay Ewe, a 747 missing and a new airline starting up can only turn the "RUMOUR" (as in Rumours and News) mill. Your question was a good lead on a good "RUMOUR".

flyingdutchman
28th Apr 2004, 09:55
Perhaps some more info at:

http://www.747sp.com/22302.html

Notso Fantastic
28th Apr 2004, 13:33
Take another look at the title given to this thread and tell me it was innocently intended!
Dumbledore
<Gee Notso Fantastic, are you on PMS or what? Poor Hay Ewe asks a question and you go balistic. When's the last time you got laid?>
Not that it is any interest of yours, but Tuesday afternoon in Bangkok if you really have to know. Do you have a prurient interest in such things? Just to prevent any further questions about my personal habits, I have been regular since too. Does all that really have anything to do with giving a phony alarmist title to this thread? What is this "PMS" you think I am on? Has this person 'lost' this aeroplane- like put it down somewhere and forgotten where? I don't think the aeroplane was 'lost' as in not knowing its position. But if he was 'Searching for......' I think we would all understand.......and not assume that the aeroplane had disappeared.
(Can we leave sexual habits out of this please. It helps to steady the hand of the steely eyed jet pilot before a long flight, but it really isn't any of your business!)

GARDENER
28th Apr 2004, 19:16
Not so fantastic
Out of interest when you finished "business" on Tuesday did your "partner" say....Not So Fantastic! or does the name relate to something else ;)

Hay Ewe
28th Apr 2004, 22:22
Ok NotSoFantastic, whats the definition of lost then, yeah, like I thought, something that can't be found.

So if the where abouts of this airplane are unknown and I am trying to find it then it must be LOST!

If I had typed 'missing' instead of lost then you would have probably got as much annoyed as well.

I am just trying to locate the where abouts of a particular airplane, I am not a spotter or journalist. (but then I suppose everybody says that - want to have another blast NotSo?)

There are so many forums on PPRUNE that I posted on the front page, so it gets maximum exposure on the opening page. Don't you think that I had already checked other areas?

Look we all get a bit stressed and annoyed at the perceived incompetance of others, little things that we dont notice are taken to heart by others.

Hay Ewe

Notso Fantastic
28th Apr 2004, 22:51
The aeroplane is not 'lost'. I'm sure it knows where it is. The INS will know down to a few hundred yards. It is you that has lost track of it. So it is interesting that you know you are posting in the wrong place looking for it, but do so just for the extra exposure, wasting a lot of peoples' time. Mmmm.
Funny how this thread is bringing out all the pervs wanting to talk about prurient things that really aren't any of their business. Do you like talking about it GARDENER? Go try another forum or those Newsgroup things- a lot of kids come here.

Techman
28th Apr 2004, 23:28
The wannabe moderator strikes again.

Boss Raptor
29th Apr 2004, 07:41
After hanging around the Comores the aircraft went to Nairobi to operate? may still be in that neck of the woods

Notso Fantastic
29th Apr 2004, 07:46
It's nothing to do with 'wannabee moderator'. Tell me how you would handle people driving what is a younger persons forum into sexual territory with their perverted queries? Rumours & News is the premiere important aviation forum. When you access from most of the world that isn't connected to the information superhighway with more than a country lane, it usually takes 30 seconds for a page to load. So someone selfishly posting a misleading heading into the wrong forum just to get maximum exposure to their query is causing a selfish nuisance to all. Not least to the Moderator who has to shift it.
I was actually a Moderator in a private Forum here for a while. It was a tremendous and time consuming task. And there, we didn't even have to contend with people raising sexual innuendo in a younger persons forum!

Techman
29th Apr 2004, 11:38
How would I handle it? I wouldn't, as a reaction is just what they are looking for.

You do however have a habit of telling people where and how they should have posted.

A fetish perhaps?...................Oops, now you got me doing it as well.

RUDAS
29th Apr 2004, 11:40
NOTSOFANTASTIC,you need to live and let live!

Why are you so uptight? I've noticed you seem to always be on the offensive,which really is quite immature.The question was a valid one,and although the title might have been a tad off,why can't you just leave it be?

i don't intend this to be personal,but really,such constant querrulousness is in poor taste and isn't what is needed in what is otherwise a great forum.

get a life.:mad:

747FOCAL
29th Apr 2004, 13:05
Well I can tell you that they won't be flying a JT9D powered 747 out of De gualle at all. :E

Notso Fantastic
29th Apr 2004, 18:03
Well, RUDAS tells me how it is! <get a life.> Er.....I'd have thought you were getting at moi just like you accuse moi of getting at the Naughty Poster. I'm not 'offensive'. I shall set about 'getting a life' as you advise immediately. Let's see......I've just Captained flights to Mauritius and Bangkok and Australia- mustn't say here what went on there! I'm about to escape to my apartment in Spain for a week. Did a cruise down to Panama couple of months ago. Shall soon be going back to Bangkok and Australia again. Have a young Mrs. who is the spitting image of Sarah Jessica Parker. But something is missing from my life (if you say so)! I really must take immediate steps to 'get a life' like what you are talking about. What would you suggest Good Sir as you seem to know what it's all about?
PS Golf and Sailing bores the pants off me. Hate stamps too. And sport.

Da Dog
29th Apr 2004, 18:33
I would never..... sorry I mean NEVER call Notso Immature;)

Notso Fantastic
29th Apr 2004, 19:12
Anybody can call me 'immature'! Really. They can call it to me to my face too! Just like that. But they'd better be able to run faster than a former amateur weightlifter.
How sad these people bring things down here to a level. Makes you wonder where they surf to all the time. I always work on the principle of not saying anything on the Net to anyone you wouldn't say direct to their face- and that's what I do. So when these creeps try and tease with questions like 'when did you last get laid?' (Dumbledore) or the gem 'get a life!', they are just acting very cowardly hiding behind a cloak of Prune Anonymity.

RUDAS
1st May 2004, 12:28
i didn't say you were 'offensive',i said you were 'always on the offensive'...there is a difference which you clearly cannot discern.

As for your list of marvellous achievements and the repertiore of your latest adventures and conquests,save it for someone who cares.All i was trying to impress on you was that it is uncalled for to constantly be criticising people for trivial things.

That sort of behaviour,the 'on the attack' attitude and all that,IS MOST CLEARLY INDICATIVE OF SOME SORT OF UNDERLYING PHENOMENON.

Hay Ewe
8th May 2004, 03:55
Well I have obviously given a couple of school kids something to yak about but apart from a little defence about my posting, not much help.

Well, I shall leave you folks to bitch about each other and still see if I can find the location of the airplane.

Apprantly the airplane knows where itself if, but I am not the airplane. Well observed NotSo!!

Hay Ewe

Notso Fantastic
8th May 2004, 09:25
Like I said, you were the only one to lose it. It wasn't 'lost' in the aviation sense of the word which you were probably trying to use to get maximum exposure to your unimportant query by posting in R & N! A 'lost dog' is a lonely frightened dog, which this SP is most certainly not. You have merely 'temporarily misplaced' this SP. I wonder how many people looked at this expecting to see the worst (as I did) to find it was so inconsequential? So what lessons can we learn from this thread:
**Phrase queries sensibly.
**Post in the right place.
**When being rude to someone, don't ask questions about their sexual lives- *1- it's nobody's business but theirs, and *2- you might not like the answer.
**Don't relish in your anonymity when being rude to someone on Pprune, you might not actually be as anonymous as you think.
After all that, good luck in your search. You may find Spotters websites the best place to go........but let's not go there here!