PDA

View Full Version : Icao Atpl

sajko
27th Apr 2004, 20:50
Hi guys,

I’m interested in getting frozen ATPL,
Now I have a low hours 230 to be exact and hold cpl me ir.
My question is: are there any national caa that are issuing frozen atpl with experience like mine. I know that jaa countries are doing that and faa too, but I’m interested in some apart of these. I would appreciate any info regarding this.
Thanks

sajko

redsnail
27th Apr 2004, 21:25
Frozen ATPL is short hand for a CPL with M/E IR and ATPL subjects passed. To "thaw" it out you need to get the hours (eg 1500 hours etc)
There isn't such a thing as "frozen ATPL".

sajko
28th Apr 2004, 10:14
Thanks for the reply, but I think that we misunderstand each other. I know that there is no such thing like frozen atpl test. You do the atpl written test which is frozen in my case because my low hours and it becomes full atpl with 1500 hours flight time and atpl flight test. Now my question is: are there any other countries apart of jaa and faa allowing you to write atpl test with low hours and if that is the case where and how long the course is for?

Thanks again,

sajko

redsnail
28th Apr 2004, 12:01
Yep, Australia and New Zealand. Although, NZ does require a flight test in a turbine (etc) to get the ATPL once you have the hours.
Australia you can do the exams at any time. No restriction as far as I know. Certainly weren't any restrictions when I did it.
The course can take from 3 weeks to 6 weeks depending on who you go and see. Exam details can be found at CASA (http://www.casa.gov.au/)
Note, Australia's licensing and exams are set to change in 2006. They are becoming more like JAR which is scary.