PDA

View Full Version : Unusual HUY summer 04 flights!?!

MEFLYBE
23rd Apr 2004, 17:54
According to the Mytravel website, there are some odd timings for some of the HUY flights.

On a Monday, the Palma flight departs HUY at 0600 and return to HUY at 1200.

The Las Palmas then departs HUY at 1300 and returns at 2255.

Why is this? There is no based a/c at HUY is there???

Regards

Mike

crewboi83
25th Apr 2004, 16:01
The a/c might position in before the flight with the crews on board, then the LPA crew might taxi to HUY, then position back with the a/c.
MYT have tried to cut down the UK W pattern flights, it costs a small fortune to taxi and night stop crews in the UK.

The way it looks to me, this is what i would imagine to happen.
Crew check in at say MAN.... a/c and crew ferry flight to HUY, A/c then ops HUY-PMI-HUY, LPA crew will taxi MAN - HUY, PMI inbound crew will return in same taxi... LPA crew then op flight, back to HUY, then ferry flight back to MAN!
Just a guess, but i would imagine it will go something like that.

johnwalton
25th Apr 2004, 16:51
According to the MYT website, the flights will be operated by Dutchbird (DBR)

aeulad
25th Apr 2004, 17:25
I had no idea Dutchbird were flying out of HUY this year, the a/c must position in from Holland on the Sunday night or very early Monday morning then? For years the LPA has been operated by FUA and the PMI by AEA, it just seems like a very odd schedule to have when the aircraft only appears 'based' for one day a week!

On the debit side, Varna and Rhodes seem to have been dropped before they even began and the THU Faro flight will be operated by FCA instead of LK in previous years.

Judging by next years' brochures, Dalaman goes down to 2 flights a week, MON PGT and FRI PGT and there seems to be a new WED Furteventura flight.

Regards

Mike

aeulad
29th Apr 2004, 23:20
As predicted, HUY looks set to operate a SMALLER (not non-existant as some had predicted!) IT programme in Summer 2005 than this year.

Thomson have dropped their Corfu, Mahon and one Palma flight.

First Choice, Mytravel and Thomson websites are currently being updated, Libra, Balkan etc still have to bring their brochures out, so it remains to be seen if anyone will step in where TUI have left a space.

Regards

Mike