PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Results????

Need4Speed23
22nd Apr 2004, 20:02
Hi,

Does anyone know if the exam results for the ATP are expected on the 26th or have there been changes?

Cheers :confused:

Jinkster
22nd Apr 2004, 21:16
I heard friday 22nd (tomorrow) but who knows! I am not waiting this time. :D

Northern Highflyer
23rd Apr 2004, 09:38
I got mine this morning and still think I am dreaming.

M&B 90 %
Instruments 95 %
Flt Planning 90 %
General Nav 93 %
Met 89 %
HPL 94 %
VFR Comms 96 %
IFR Comms 96 %

It's going to be a great weekend. Bring on the beer. :E :E :E

tom24
23rd Apr 2004, 09:50
Nice one NHF! Must be a bloody great feeling!

AndyDRHuddleston
23rd Apr 2004, 10:01
Congratulations NHF, those results are amazing. All that hard work has now paid off!

Where did you do your course?

ADRH

Northern Highflyer
23rd Apr 2004, 10:19
tom

I am still pinching myself mate. I am sure they mixed my results up with somebody elses.

Andy

I am studying with Bristol Groundschool. Still got Mod 2 and another 6 exams to do, but for now I am going to enjoy the moment.

How did everyone else do ?

My names Turkish
23rd Apr 2004, 11:19
Agony!!!!

First of all well done Northern.

Secondly of all is anyone interested in froming our own breakaway CAA? There will be fat py packs, generous holidays and short working days and low productivity levels. No, hang on thats the way it is already, we better do something different. I'll get back to you on that.

Last month the people who had the results sent to their houses got them a day or two after the schools. This month my school hasnt got the results and the people who had them sent to the school have. Another feat of achievment for the CAA.

everyone else has them and I dont!!!!!!!! :{ :{ :{ :{

jockeymon
23rd Apr 2004, 14:37
Still waiting on mine (hopefully will be on the doorstep upon my return home today).
Congratulations NHF especially on the instruments, it was a bitch of a paper and i think I`ve failed it!!! (mind you I thought I`d passed it last time and failed quite badly)

I would add that the waiting is the worst part but the worst part to my mind is opening the envelope to find all fails!!!!!

OneIn60rule
23rd Apr 2004, 18:19
Got my results as well. Seems that the one I was sure I had failed I actually passed with 75%, that would be R-nav.
I had a narrow miss on the rest, 74% and so on.

Feeling miserable but it can only be up from here on in!

Congrats to you NHF.

:ok:

54.98N
23rd Apr 2004, 18:35
Well i've just got the final 6 in the bag. Lowest pass 85%, highest 95%. All I can say is well done Bristol GS for getting me through all 14 first time, you have some great instructors.

I'm off for a gin and tonic (or three!).

Penworth
23rd Apr 2004, 18:56
I'll second what 54.98N says, thanks to Bristol, I managed to get all 14 first time, even Principles of Flight, which I was really dreading.

Bad luck 1 in 60, I'm sure you'll do better with the resits.

How did the rest of the mod 2 guys at Bristol in March get on?

PW

Need4Speed23
23rd Apr 2004, 21:37
Well Done NHF.....

Well Chaps & Gals that is it for me, Phase II all done. 14 exams out of the way. All of you out there do not give up and be beatan by this screening process. If I could do it anyone can. Just work Bloody Hard.:ok:

Here are my results
Ops -91
Flght plng - 91
Gen Nav - 95
Radio Nav - 94
Met - 96
Law - 87

Good luck to the rest of ya.

My names Turkish
24th Apr 2004, 10:02
Well I am so glad that there is post on a Saturday in the UK. They finally arrived into the school this morning. Feeling rather chuffed with myself.Nav 94%, FPL 84%, PoF 87%, Met 85% makes all 14 exams. Big thanks to Keith Williams and everyone at EPTA who are very very good at what they do.

I will second what Need4Speed23 said. It has taken me a long time to get here and there were times when I was quite sure I could not get through it but you have to be very determined. I think if I can get through it anyone can! Happy days!

Pilot16
24th Apr 2004, 19:01
Hi,

Lots and lots of positive feedback from Bristol GS students.
I have been researching schools for two years now, never heard a bad comment on them as of yet.

Just wanted to ask...theres a lot of praises on Bristol and its intructors etc. But isnt it mostly up to you? Its a distance learning course after all...?

High Wing Drifter
24th Apr 2004, 20:01
Pilot16,

If you are an average fellow like what I is, then you will go into the two week brush-up course having worked hard at home, but still feeling a little unconfident and not sure of more than a few things. After two weeks you will be slick and quick!

silverknapper
24th Apr 2004, 22:30
Then you too can come on and pat yourself on the back!

Northern Highflyer
26th Apr 2004, 09:04
Well done to all who got through, especially those with all 14. For you it's back to real life flying now.

1 in 60, so close mate, keep at it and nail them next time.

Good luck to all.

NHF

Fair_Weather_Flyer
26th Apr 2004, 09:25
I received my final exam result last week, getting 89% in Instruments. That's all fourteen done now. It took me well over a year to pass these exams and I had nine failures in total. A miserable year courtesy of the JAA and there obscure and verbose questions! On one sitting I failed all five of the exams that I took. All this is despite being with a top ground school, my massive dedication and a good academic background.

Not everyone passes these exams with ease and if you start to struggle then you will will need to be both patient and persistant. I had to change ground school when things looked bad and it was only changing to Ground Training Services in Bournemouth that got me through the exams. Anyone who is still struggling would do well to get there hands on the stolen JAA questions bank that is being hawked around on the net. I know that sounds nasty but it's still a good idea. Be warned though, you will still need some understanding of the course material to pass a few subjects. Hang in there and you will pass in the end!

ABO944
26th Apr 2004, 19:32
Is it just me still waiting for results??

This happened to me before, for some reason they sent them to Germany first!!

Oh well, hope they come tommorow!!

ABO

silverknapper
26th Apr 2004, 21:31
Be warned though, you will still need some understanding of the course material to pass a few subjects

F_W_F

What an absolutely stupid, careless, idiotic statement. I thought the idea of all this study is to learn all about the subjects. This is not a "what good is this in the real world" argument. The fact is we must learn it. I know it may be a strange concept, and heaven forbid anyone does understand any of the 14 subjects. I'm all in favour of using feedback at the correct time in my study - ONLY when I understand it and need a feel for how it will be examined. I think it's a sad day when you think understanding it is a bad thing.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
27th Apr 2004, 16:01
I'm not saying understanding is a bad thing. I think it is vital to have a good understanding of the fundamental principles of each subject. However, I think many people pass all 14 exams without understanding much of the material in the notes. The really weird part of the JAA system is that half of the exam questions seem to be based on knowledge that you will not gain from your notes. It's like the examiner is making questions up off the top of their head without reference to a syllabus. On the flip side of the problem, half of the material in the notes is not examined; it's just there to comply with JAA syllabus requirements. Some students, like silverknapper, who has an aero engineering degree have a major advantage over the likes of me. He already has a sound base of aviation technical knowledge to build on. For most people though, ATPL theory is just a matter of understanding some of the course material and hoping that most of the exam is feedback based. For some subjects e.g. Comms, HPL, Air Law, Op Proc and Radio Nav, reading the course notes seemed to be a complete waste of my time. The actual exams were so far removed from the course notes that I would have been better learning just the feedback and a few tables. Sad, but true!

RowleyUK
27th Apr 2004, 16:09
Spot on FWF!!!

I agree 100%......I also agree that you will have to remember some of the stuff for your flying tests ie, performance factors......subjects such as OPs,Law and comms were not really taught at my school.....the time was better spent on the more difficult subjects!!!Sad but True!!!:{