PDA

View Full Version : Tobago Approach

Jinkster
21st Apr 2004, 23:20
I was talking to a girl (who works with me part time at a supermarket) and she was saying her uncle is retired 777 pilot for a major British airline.

She was saying her uncle says Tobago is the hardest airport to fly into with the triple seven.

Anyone?

av8boy
22nd Apr 2004, 06:54
'Cause no triple-sevens go there?

:)

cirrus01
22nd Apr 2004, 13:46
BA fly into Tobago three time a week with their 777s.....

Virgin use a 747 on their weekly service........

Don't know why it should be regarded as difficult...... Long enough runway, clear approaches,

A bit tight taxying at the terminal.:uhoh:

Trini_Pilot
25th Apr 2004, 03:15
I have to agree with Cirrus. I have personally seen BA 777's and Virgin's 747 made approaches in Crown Point Airport in Tobago. I runway there is 9,500ft long and the width is 150ft.

But Parking at the terminal is very limited. Can't hold too many big jets. But there are currently Expanding the Airport:p :ok:

planecrazi
25th Apr 2004, 16:53
We practise a circling approach every six months into Seychelles (FSIA) rwy13 from an initial ILS on rwy 31, for our actual IF rating.

The circling is a right hand break at 1270ft and joining left downwind for rwy 13.

You land up flying in a tight bowl within the mountains with no room for error. Bare in mind there is enough windshear in Seychelles to last you a lifetime

This is in an Airbus 340-300, CAT C type aircraft. I operate the real thing, and as I don't have flight sim with an Apple iMac, try out the approach in actual night IF and then switch to daylight VFR and see where the mountains are.

This is a tight approach for a wide body.