PDA

View Full Version : Time Limit on FI(R) course??

in-2-wind
21st Apr 2004, 18:44
I was recently told that there was a 12 month limit (from the starting date) in which to complete an FI(R) course. Having looked in LASORS and found no such information, I called the CAA and after a long 'hold', they knew nothing about such a limit either??

Any Ideas??

thanks, windy :confused:

FlyingForFun
22nd Apr 2004, 08:29
I wonder if whoever told you that is getting confused with the 6-month limit on starting the course once you've passed the pre-entry test? From LASORS:Before commencing a Flight Instructors Course (FIC) an applicant must satisfy the course pre-entry requirements as per JAR-FCL 1.335:-

d) PPL/CPL/ATPL(A) holder shall have completed:

iv) Pass a specific pre-entry flight test with a FI qualified as per JAR-FCL 1.330(f) based upon the proficiency check as per JAR-FCL 1.240(b), within the six months preceding the start of the course. *

* The pre-entry flight test will assess the ability of the applicant to undertake the course(The emphasis is actually in LASORS, it wasn't added by me.)

The limit is 6 months, not 12, and its the time between the pre-course test and the start of the course (and not the time between the start of the course and the test and the end of the course, as you were told), but that's the only thing I can think of, or find any reference to. :confused: :confused: :confused:

FFF
-------------

in-2-wind
22nd Apr 2004, 22:03
FFF

Thanks for your reply. As you mention, the only Time scale I am aware of is the 6 month period in which to pass the initial assesment flight. After that, I believe 3 years is the first renewal period!

Any further thoughts or information welcome,

windy :)

StrateandLevel
22nd Apr 2004, 22:43
The 12 month requirement was originally part of JAR-FCL 1.340. This requirement was removed in Amendment 1 dated 1 June 2000.