PDA

View Full Version : Accidents in commercial operation

Genghis the Engineer
21st Apr 2004, 18:38
Straight question, I'd be interested in answers from any corner of the aircraft operating industry?

If a pilot was in command of an aircraft (or for that matter, part of the operating crew) which suffered an accident, what are the immediate actions of his employer, pending investigation of the accident?

Before anybody asks, no I'm not in trouble - I was discussing this with a colleague and we were attempting to compare our own organisation's policy with that of others - but found that we really hadn't a clue what any other organisation's policy was, and by default whether ours is typical or not.

For the record, mine (the flight test department within a GA company) has the policy that anybody who bends an aircraft under test flying automatically has their authorisation to test fly suspended pending investigation - but isn't prevented from any other flying in the meantime. Once investigated, if there have been any breaches of best practices of procedures we impose some appropriate retraining / rebriefing before returning somebody to normal test flying work.

G

exeng
21st Apr 2004, 22:53
Generally suspended on full pay until at least the outcome of the investigation is known.

Regards
Exeng

selfin
26th Apr 2004, 07:21
This man at http://courses.unt.edu/madden/WWW/ ought to fix you up.