PDA

View Full Version : Whats the problem at Air France?

skydriller
20th Apr 2004, 14:06
Myself and family were one of many victims of Air France yesterday, I know of at least 5 other flights cancelled personally, as I met several of the pax!!

So whats the real reason.....as I have had various reasons given to me, including AF Pilots Strike, ATC Strike, Regional Strike, Baggage Handlers in UK, Baggage handlers in France, etc etc....
The consensus of opinion appeared to be a pilots strike of some sort meaning around 80 odd flights cancelled, though I have seen nothing on the news or on here, anyone?

Eventually flew London-Bordeaux via LHR & CDG, which took all day (and half the night!), instead of LGW-BOD direct in the morning...

If I may digress, a couple of things about the experience stick in my mind though;

1. Ticketing agents etc. - dont lie to pax!! You dont know who some of us might be that you are dealing with - and pax are not stupid anyway!!

2. Dont check in agents know you cannot seat children (3yr old in seat) next to emergency exits or in exit rows? (see next point)

3. Cabin crew were universally helpfull & friendly despite all the problems being created for them by the disruption and unforseen seat cockups!

Cheers SD..

Bre901
20th Apr 2004, 14:17
SD

AFAIK, Britair (AF subsidiary) pilots are on strike for the week resulting in the cancellation of 80 flights.

Volume
22nd Apr 2004, 12:18
Strike ended tuesday night, so everything back to normal since yesterday.

As I was also affected by a cancellation in LGW on Monday, I cannot understand your complaint.
The three people at the Aviance desk were clearly swamped with the job, as they had about one hour time to change bookings from two flights to at least two others, which means about 100 bookings in one hour with only two computers and one phone in a small both with one desk. Additionally they had problems for example with BA and the way, they wanted the changed flights to be booked. (At first with personal entries to the passenger list of the new flight, later with a number of blocked seats and just numbers to be used, then again with personal entry..)
Anyway, they did a perfect job and never lost their unbelievable polite british way.

Who drove me crazy were the 3 Ladies at the three AirFrance check-in desks. Just sitting there with nothing to do (as there were no flights) than telling you in the french ´polite´ way that your flight is cancelled, and someone else will eventually solve your problem.

Anyway, it´s over ond noone has been hurt ;)