PDA

View Full Version : News that SWISS (LX) has selected a new CEO

gofer
20th Apr 2004, 07:40
Anybody know of the track record of the "NEW" Swiss CEO - who starts in July - Christoph Franz. Strange that the board think that yet another forigner is the right man to save a Swiss Company !

Here's a link to the BAZ article this morning (http://www.baz.ch/news/index.cfm?ObjectID=F4B9020A-82E0-4417-830154461C882F6C) it is in German

Lets hope that the Airline can wait that long and not go bust before he arrives, though I'm sure that he will have protected himself with a massive golden handshake, in case that happens or he manages to drive Swiss through the floor.

Good luck to all concerned, and "watch this space for more news".:ouch:

20th Apr 2004, 11:23
Strange that the board think that yet another forigner is the right man to save a Swiss Company !

What exactly does that mean?

:}

trainer too 2
21st Apr 2004, 07:24
Strange that the board think that yet another forigner is the right man to save a Swiss Company !

Hahahahahahahahaha we all know how well managed the company was by Swiss managers hahhahahahahaha

Get a life, borders in Europe are there for backward people.. :hmm:

middlepath
21st Apr 2004, 20:32
May be LH wants to have a look and see if its worth while intigrating LX as regional feeder into LH network. On the other hand banks are also trying their best menuevers to recover las cents before going belly up.

His dudeness
22nd Apr 2004, 08:12
Mr. Bruggisser, who f u c k e d up LTU, SWISSAIR, AIR LITTORAL during his time at the helm of SWISSAIR was not a swiss national ? Or was he just a victim of circumstances ?
He shurely did not receive a golden handshake?
Why did Moritz Sutter, who funded a good, moneymaking airline, step down pretty quick ?

I guess its time to limit SWISS to SWISS airspace - than a pure swiss management would make real sense - better let them do a "ruetli" Schwur prior starting.

How good swiss management works one can see at swiss control...

middlepath
22nd Apr 2004, 22:20
Hi HD

you hit the nail.

gofer
24th Apr 2004, 20:52
Was thinking that a certain "Nur Limonade", did a fair job of making his previous aiirline be only worth a very expensive 1 €uro, and that with 2 foreigners ...

Intersting to note that the last Driver was worth 250K, and the new one is worth 800K - is it that he's over 3 times better - and how will the staff unions take to that - even less in the pot for them when things get hard.

Train 22 - of course the rip-off artists can come from anywhere, I just don't like it when they are running around on our patch - or do you like being conned and riped-off and treated like a petty scape-goat.

Moritz for all his faults - had the guts to walk when he realised that he had been sold a total cat in the bag and a bag of worms at that. Shame was that they could not have left it with spinning off Crossair and keeping just that alive.... But such is life and getting a 3Mio. Handkuss for that mistake is also slightly more than obscene to my mind, but that is what it seems to be everywhere in the "new, new, new economy", morals, ethics, service and the like just went totally out the window.

To those staff anywhere who still have some of those old and now unwanted skills, I want to fly with you - to the others, don't be surprised when the customers get their act together finally - and just let you rot because integrety and honnesty left your company.:cool:

trainer too 2
25th Apr 2004, 12:00
Intersting to note that the last Driver was worth 250K, and the new one is worth 800K - is it that he's over 3 times better - and how will the staff unions take to that - even less in the pot for them when things get hard. That is probably because there is a rule that if you go to a danger spot from a safe spot you get extra money, go figure..

Regarding the following quote:
and just let you rot because integrety and honnesty left your company.

You are a very sad, troubled person... the statement should have been the company was rot and went bankrupt because of old fashioned nationalistic thinking and now we are, due to massive governement subsidies and fresh experienced intenational management who are adapting the product to todays market, nearly profitable :ok: :rolleyes:

Passenger 9
26th Apr 2004, 08:21
The new Swiss CEO.

Hummmm.

Reports say he rescued the German rail service "City Night Line". This is not true, because he left it in 1997 when it was still deep in the red and about to go under = no success.

Reports say he introduced a successful new ticketing system for the German rail service. This is also not true. He did introduce a new ticketing system, but it failed = no success. Shortly after this he left German railways. Wonder why?

It does not matter if the manager is Swiss or from somewhere else, that person must be able to manage. A proven track record of failure (see above) is not what Swiss need. Or for that matter Passenger 9.

Fly safe Boys and Girls,

gofer
26th Apr 2004, 09:27
Thanks PAX9 - thought that is what I had heard - great sales pitch and stacks of visible self-confidence - but a lack of true service & product delivery ability would seem to be well buried by the head-hunter.

Somebody who was unemployed & out of a job can't be worth over 3 times the previous chap..... At least not to my mind, so until he can prove heknows anything about anything and can get the job done... My tickets are on other hairlines...

Somebody misunderstood my comment about being a foreigner... Having been a b...... ferangi wherever I have worked, all of the last nearly 40 years, I have noticed that a foreign manager has a lot more challenge with local staff, anywhere in the world - and this is even MORE true in Switzerland - especially when certain nationalities are mixed - Germans don't go down well in CH - Brits are slightly more welcome - but only with a great track record and if they are single individuals - and don't come in droves....:}

Passenger 9
27th Apr 2004, 08:06
From the Financial Times Deutschland on 21.5.2003

Deutsche Bahn kippt zwei Vorstände
Von Jörn Paterak, Hamburg und Timm Krägenow, Berlin

Die Deutsche Bahn hat im Chaos um das neue Preissystem und nach den dramatischen Verlusten an Kunden die Notbremse gezogen.

(after the chaos with the new pricing system and following dramatic losses)

Zwei Vorstände müssen gehen. Das erst Ende Dezember 2002 eingeführte Preissystem wird korrigiert. Der für 2005 geplante Börsengang des Staatskonzerns steht in Frage.

(two directors must go)

Wie die Bahn am Dienstag nach einer Aufsichtsratssitzung mitteilte, wird die Führung des Personenverkehrs ausgewechselt.

Neben Spartenchef Christoph Franz wird auch sein Marketingvorstand Hans-Gustav Koch geschasst.

(kicked out of the company)

Konzernchef Hartmut Mehdorn begründete den Rauswurf mit "unterschiedlichen Auffassungen" darüber, wie die Bahn der Konjunkturschwäche und "der mangelnden Akzeptanz einzelner Elemente des neuen Preissystems" begegnen solle