PDA

View Full Version : Major Instruments Problem

martin_EGTK
17th Apr 2004, 12:25
I have my school finals papers on Monday and Tuesday, these take place two weeks prior to our JAA exams and we have to score respectable marks in our school finals to go on an do the JAA's.

Sadly I am totally useless at a very major portion of the instruments paper. I'm struggling to understand any of the gyro's section what so ever. I'm using OAT notes as I'm on the APP, but I find them quite abstract for someone like myself who only has a limited understanding of such subjects.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can cram the gyros stuff into my head by Tuesday, or how I can at least grasp a basic understanding of it. A list of basic rules or errors would get me on my way!

Thanks in advance!

silverknapper
17th Apr 2004, 13:23
Martin

All I would say is don't panic on instruments as gyros is not that major a part from what i have seen and heard of many of the papers. I'm afraid I'm away from my notes so can't give the definitive list of errors but is it not just transport wander, earth rotaion and lat nut?
Surely they can't stop you sitting anyway - I thought exam applications had to be in by the 2 week cut off.
Make sure you are up to speed on the other stuff, especially IRS/INS and TCAS/GPWS.

SK

Keith.Williams.
17th Apr 2004, 14:01
You are unlikely to get a good understanding of the subject through any kind of quick fix from this forum. Have you discussed this problem with your instructor? It sounds as if you are trying to hide your problems from your instructors instead of asking for their help in overcoming them.

I don't know many of the instructors at OATS, but they will probably be only too happy to do all they can to help, if you make them aware of your concerns. A couple of hours of 1 to 1 extra tuition will probably solve your problem.

Most instructors are not particulary interested in the really clever students. They get far more job satisfaction from the students who have problems but are prepared to work hard to solve them.

Mr Levitator
17th Apr 2004, 16:02
cHECK YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGES

martin_EGTK
18th Apr 2004, 14:36
If I'm honest guys I think that Keith might be right. I'm in a very strong class and I think I'm afraid to show some weakness. Anyway, thanks for the great help guys! I've got a meeting lined up with one of my instructors tomorrow which I'm sure will help no end.